Indisputable proof PCs generate too much heat :-) :-)

Hmm well thats no good.
Ohh well. At least I cannot be blamed as I was pushing for similar spec HP workstations, not consumer level dells.

The setup has the PCs with their case's open, and the setup is blowing through.
With under clocking the gpu everything has been running well for the past ~24 hours.

Well as long as the performance lost from underclocking isn't missed then it looks like you are setting pretty now, but if the CPU cooler was up to the task and the case had respectable intake and outtake fans then you would surely be able to run at full speed with the case closed. Leaving the case open breaks the flow of air which is intended to keep things running cool.

Ack!

believe it or not, but on one of the PCs, the dual slot graphics card was installed with only one of the metal place holder slots removed (can't for the life of me remember their proper name). *urgh*. so the card wasn't exactly having a good time extracting heat.

If anyone is still wondering what it does, this might help.

That is a NECN (new england cabel news) report on the new star-wars themed exhibit now opened up at the museum of science in boston. ;)

and btw, that idiot flailing the red lightsaber, well thats me... complete with my *really heavy* laptop bag :oops:

Last edited by a moderator:
Back