In memory of Peter Steele (1962-2010)

Kaotik

Drunk Member
Legend
Supporter
The basist singer of Type O Negative, Peter Steele (Petrus Ratajczyk, my namesake) has passed away.

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=138519

petesteelerip.jpg

He died in the age of 48, the cause of death is unknown at the moment, but some have suggested heart failure.

In my own opinion, Peter had one of the best clean male metal vocals, ever.

As small trivia, Steele got some questionable publicity after posing nude in Playgirl magazine. After he heard that most people reading/ordering the magazine are really male, he made the song 'I like goils'

Here's couple live clips in his memory

And one music video

Last edited by a moderator:
After he heard that most people reading/ordering the magazine are really male, he made the song 'I like goils'
Wut?

If you take your clothes off and pose for pictures you gotta know beforehand that some of the audience's gonna be dudes, otherwise you're just daft. So why the knee-jerk reaction?

Anyway, everybody dies. What else's new? (And no, I never heard of the man or the band he was in until today.)

Great band. he died cause of his abuse of drugs for so many years. You light the candle at both ends for too long and you pay the price.

Wut?

If you take your clothes off and pose for pictures you gotta know beforehand that some of the audience's gonna be dudes, otherwise you're just daft. So why the knee-jerk reaction?

Anyway, everybody dies. What else's new? (And no, I never heard of the man or the band he was in until today.)

The "most" part was the trigger there, rather than "some" ;)

You mean "Everything dies":

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ARN29cPv0VM
[YOUTUBE]ARN29cPv0VM[/YOUTUBE]

Damn, Peter ... thanks for your legacy!

PS: How does the video-embed work?

it's [noparse][YT]ARN29cPv0VM[/YT][/noparse]
=
[YT]ARN29cPv0VM[/YT]

Not everything, just everything living. :D

:D Ah, Peter & Crew were just so much artistically and maybe personaly involved in grief over death, they got their own passaway pretty much covered ... weird wakeup everytime once having the idols of your own childhood going away ... this slow desynchronization with the life and culture of the next generation and the next ... and I'm not even old. He left something timeless and unpassable to us, I think he'll never really leave us. Body's dead, okay; but as you say not just everything dies.

You put the ID string of the video itself inside "yt" "/yt" tags (although you use brackets of course, not quotes, heh!).

Ok, for the next time. Thanks

Just a short while ago he got clean and got into Catholicism, can't say I agree with the latter but it really sucks.

Back