I need some expertise on building a comp...

Good Comp?

• no

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • sorta

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Guden, and yes Ive seen comments similar to yours as well. If you dont think 120fps and no ghosting matters you arent truly hardcore. I wish I could send you videos of my friend playing, he doesnt just top servers he wipes the floor with them utterly and completely. He constantly gets banned because ppl think he cheats. To him, things like this matter. You would be suprised how much of a difference they can make.

Re: Thats all well and great for the pricve and stuff...

Craig.Engbrecht said:
BUT COULD SOMEONE EXPLAIN ALL THE ACRONYMS AND WHAT SOME OF THAT STUFF IS???[/b]

http://www.webopedia.com/

edit: (i'm sorry but, it sounds like i could define the terms and they'd still mean nothing to you. plus,t he definitions don't necessarily help pick a winner. what i recommend is that you either take the time to read some hardware reviews or take one of us at our word. several people have given you solid advice; if you have a specific question i will try to help...)

All due respect to anand and his numbers, poopy (lovely screen name that one, did your mother give it to you? :D), but I'd rather trust storagereview's findings. Anand has a tendency to use overly synthetic tests at times, and storage is not that site's forté either exactly. The number of drives they've reviewed ever probably doesn't exceed the number of finger on a person's hands.

NCQ is for all intents and purposes irrelevant to the desktop user.

I did not say that I was stupid...

I only wanted you to extend what the Acronyms were I never needed you to tell me what they ment fully... it just makes it easier if the whole word is there for new people... like me and any one else wanting information like this... I also read up on stuff that I can copy and paste into Google browser... and search for but I dont know what I am reading up on if I dont know the whole word... like if I said TTYL a person from africa may not know what I mean...( I have a friend from afreica and no she doesnt know what that means...)[/b]

Guden Oden said:
All due respect to anand and his numbers, poopy (lovely screen name that one, did your mother give it to you? :D), but I'd rather trust storagereview's findings. Anand has a tendency to use overly synthetic tests at times, and storage is not that site's forté either exactly. The number of drives they've reviewed ever probably doesn't exceed the number of finger on a person's hands.

NCQ is for all intents and purposes irrelevant to the desktop user.

if you read the article, you'd see that he used a combination of synthetic and real-world benchmarks, but hey, i dunno who's who in hardware review, i just try to stick with those who haven't lied to me yet.

so: head to head comparison on SR, enjoy. as predicted, the results are mixed, but hardly irrelevant. it's a shame the benchmarks for the 7200.8 w/NCQ are incomplete.

Guden is right on NCQ its not needed for desktops. Id just go for the Maxtor Maxline 3 because it has a 16meg cache is 250/300gigs and is similar in speed to a raptor.

Back