I just downloaded Opera 7... I love it, except..

Discussion in 'PC Hardware, Software and Displays' started by zsouthboy, Nov 2, 2003.

1. zsouthboy

Regular

I can't find a plugin similar to Adblock for mozilla/firebird! Also, a plugin similar to flash click to play (instead of automatically downloading and playing flash content on a page, a box is displayed in its place, which you can then click to play the content... awesome for those annoying ads).

Did I not look hard enough?

Those are my only gripes. I like the interface, it's very OSX-y (heh, say that out loud), and its very configurable. As fast as firebird, though not as lightweight, which is expected.

/affinity for bright, shiny objects

EDIT: and i'm lovin' this context bar-thingie that sets the appropriate links to the right buttons on every page... excellent.

2. BRiT

BRiT (>• •)>⌐■-■ (⌐■-■)
    Moderator Legend Alpha

Here's the basis for what I'm using: http://www.aagh.net/projects/antibanner . I have overriden for the "hide certain sized images(agressive)" style. This doesn't quite get ride of all the ads, but does cut down on a lot.

3. zsouthboy

Regular

Ah... that does help.

I'm still scouring the web for a better solution though..

4. zsouthboy

Regular

I found the answer to all my problems.

http://www.admuncher.com

:shock: works in every major browser, is more configurable for blocking than even adblock was in firebird... holy crap.

This is one program I'm buying.

5. epicstruggle

epicstruggle Passenger on Serenity
    Veteran

i love opera, been using it for over a year now. hope you also enjoy it, and later purchase it if you havent already. :)
    later,
    epic

6. zsouthboy

Regular

Done. :)