I don't feel that old

So... according to the thread so far, I'm ageless.

I am immortal and have inside me blood of kings!

Twenties sucked. :yep2: The secret us old farts with all our groaning and gut scratching like to hide from you young pups is life gets better as you get older.

Hmm, I shall believe that when I see it. Personally, I would happily have stayed around the 21 mark forever. ;) I'm almost 27 here too.

In fact, having turned 41 on Saturday (an age Simon either is apprehensive about or just groaned), I feel quite young.

I mean, I play video games fer'chrissakes.
You only start to feel old when your body starts to irreversably give up on you.
Having to have an operation to replace the lens of one of my eyes (cataracts) was a wake-up call.

You're only as old as the women you &$@$ ;)
Now this is a whole lot more encouraging! :)

I can't be the youngest here, right?

<-21, going on 30 dammit. (stress!)

I mean, the only reason I seriously go to the B3d forums is for wisdom beyond my years.

38, and for my horror, some months ago I realised I'm already starting to get gray on my temples :oops:
Now my hairstyle is buzzcut.

Funny thing about getting older? Aside from a few physical problems cropping up I've never been having more fun in my life. :)

I swear the older I get the better life gets, am I the only one?

As a side, generally the better posters on the board, and better threads tend to be excellent reads from well informed people. Maybe that is in someway related to the average age??

As a side, generally the better posters on the board, and better threads tend to be excellent reads from well informed people. Maybe that is in someway related to the average age??
Your "well informed people" made me think about your entire post.

The better posters, the better threads, the well informed people, the good reads. None of these have anything to do with age. It has to do with the fact that B3D has attracted those focussed on 3D either as a serious hobby or as a career. And they can be very young.

I mean, look at the head of B3D, a teenager with a name that rhymes with "Lizard".

:)

I'm a good few years past my teens, sadly, and the name doesn't quite rhyme with Lizard, but I thank you for the first and you got a serious giggle for the second, since I haven't heard the Lizard one for a while :LOL:

I agree with Reverend in the sense that age isn't really a barrier to 3D graphics knowledge and understanding (check out Uttar and TheBaron for example, who I asked to work for me because of those things), but age does bring with it definite benefits to discussion, application and learning of 3D graphics (as well as some downsides I'm sure).

At least that's been my experience. As I get closer to hitting 30, and my attitudes to life change, the way I come at problems and interact with the industry is slowly changing, and they're definitely changes for the better.

:LOL: It's not like teh computers and 3D have been around that long.
I mean a 19 year old can be just as well informed and experienced on the latest 3D tech as a 40 year old.
Personally, I, at my mature age of 38, feel that I'm starting to regress back towards a teenish behaviour, as evidenced by the increasing number of trollish posts by me :???:

Last edited by a moderator:
Personally, I, at my mature age of 38, feel that I'm starting to regress back towards a teenish behaviour

I noticed that about me in the real life as of late (I'm 32 now). I guess we're becoming a bit more sensitive, or is it the midlife crisis beginning already?

/ gone looking for a way to fund a new Porsche convertible...

Crap, now I have to add 4 years to my age.

Of course, everyone I know tells me I don't look my age (feel free to click image if you don't mind being jealous) :

Indeed you do look young, as do many Asians.
Of course you look like a g33k tho :p
I'm only 21 though and look young :smile:
I'd have a goatee to help with that if work allowed it :devilish:
Heres me with Kevin Rose and Alex Albrecht ( from diggnation/ techtv, while we're trying to make people jealous
http://digitaljeff.org/?p=90
It's me in the Tool shirt.
Obviously before I shaved...

Back