Huge Black Holes on Collision Course

Fred said:
The biggest mystery with the CC (imo) in terms of classical GR is the coincidence problem. Namely why is it roughly of the same order of magnitude (today) as say omega baryon.
Well, it's roughly of the same order of magnitude as total matter density (dark matter + baryonic matter), not just the baryonic matter (which is smaller by a factor of about 50 than the dark energy density).

Chalnoth said:
No. The multiverse idea is the exact opposite of that. It states that all possibilities occur, and we inhabit one of the many infinitely-diverging possibilities. Since all of these infinitely-diverging possiblities that come from our current one are always inhabited by matter that came from us, we cannot possibly have any control over which one "we" end up in.
Human's cannot, but if our descendants can somehow figure out and affect the underlying fundamental causes(the ones linking up the universe as just another abstract collection of concepts, as pure information.) of the laws and parameters of this universe, they may be able to traverse the information landscape. It's beautiful in the sense that every single thing is in essence immortal and preserved forever, stored in the giant perpetual memory bank of existence. A being of enough powermay be able to summon forth entities from all times, dimensions, realities, even fiction.

No, because there would always be one of "them" in each universe, so choosing which one you enter is an impossibility. It's just a fundamental aspect of the interpretation of quantum mechanics.

One which personally I think is bunk, as I don't believe it would properly explain the behavior of systems that are in contact, taken out of contact for some time, then placed back in contact.

Chalnoth said:
No, because there would always be one of "them" in each universe, so choosing which one you enter is an impossibility. It's just a fundamental aspect of the interpretation of quantum mechanics.

One which personally I think is bunk, as I don't believe it would properly explain the behavior of systems that are in contact, taken out of contact for some time, then placed back in contact.

Hmmm, that's one interpretation of the multiverse. In essence, I believe an entity that attains very large computational resources and time, will be able to traverse the multiverse. The simulations carried out would be but representations of the abstract ones that compose the multiverse at that lvl of precision, they would in essence be the same thing. If it attains infinite computational resources and time it'll be able to explore all possible universes within the scope of its versatility/strength.

Back