Hrlp? Investment on pc or console

Hamid77

Newcomer
Hey guys, I posted this in the wrong section, here it is in correct place.

I have not played a single game on any of the consoles in my whole life. I have been playing games on pc since 1995 and kept upgrading it every year for the games only, otherwise I still can do a lot of things on my P2 pc which plays internet and dvd movies.

MY problem is I am not a hardware geek but I just spent a lot on PC specially graphic cards and my current card is once again outdated and I need a newone to play newer games for which I am ready to spent the money as well, but I need a justification of investment on a 3d card and other pc upgrade over a console.

For example, I am looking to get atleast a 6800GT256 and a processor upgrade to P4 3.2 with 512MB more ram which is costing me US$800, while for gaming an XBOX would cost me $200. There is a difference of $600 which is quite a difference and yet all new games are coming to XBOX like far cry instincts and tombraider legend. Does anybody have a justification why should I spend $600 more on my PC which will require more upgrade in a half a year while I can play current games on an XBOX which is living here for 3 years now and PS2 is living for 5 yearsa. What is the differnce

Is PC much superior than a console in terms oif graphics, sound etc?\
Are Gameplay, controls are easier on PC?
Are PC game players always prefer to play on PC?

On the other hand, I have heard people saying that the console is always powerful than PC. Why is that? How come a console with 733 MHZ processor becomemore superior than 2.4 ghz PC.

I need your guidance in this so that I an fairly made a decision and make my next investment.

Thanks,

well you're not forced to spend $800 :oops:
your PC kind of allows to play current games, though it now could be considered low end.

you could buy a 6600GT and a stick of 512MB PC3200, and nothing else : this will cost you around $200 ;)

then the CPU will be the limiting factor, but you still can live with that P4. (though, is it FSB 400, 533 or 800? FSB 800 is still good, the other ones suck a bit); you can consider overclocking it (but be careful).
(In my opinion overclocking is most useful when your CPU gets somewhat old.)

as for the games, consoles are really great for "party games" sych as mario party, Super Monkey Ball 1/2 etc.
But I find most other games boring. most stuff is redundant racing/sport games, a shitload of action/aventure/RPG third person games (where's the fun..), and console FPS which are not worth playing when you have a PC.

sounds like for u its better to get a console. I woudl wait till november and get a x360. you will have next gen graphics for 300$ and many of the big games for hte pc will make it to the system .

i bought xbox and ps2 within past year or so. i hate them. i love pc gaming, thought i'd give consoles a try. decided (too late) i hate the wonky controller targeting. and haven't even found a platformer i like.

keyboard/mouse control or nothing for me thanks!

I'd want to play kick-ass shoot'em up and beat'em all on consoles, but there's almost nothing.. entire genres disappeared.

Back