How much should you protest during a war?

Joe DeFuria said:
We understand that. It's just that when the "cause" is "No violence!", and to promote your cause you, well, are violent....

yes, i know and note that and i do not support such things by any means.

Heathen, it seems you missunderstood what i said as well.

kyleb said:
yes, i know and note that and i do not support such things by any means.

Yes, and we know this.

That doesn't exaplain callus us "pots" (hypocritical). You are saying you don't agree with us. Entirely different things.

Heathen, it seems you missunderstood what i said as well.

Maybe you should choose you words with more care. ;)

I can understand why the protestors are protesting (they disagree with the war - I do have fun hurling verbal abuse at them on the way to work) but when somebody starts promoting terrorism in public I knida get a bit het up (Had a mate killed in NI by a so called 'peace protestor'). To me it sounded like you were making an apology for him.[/quote]

Anyone that has tried to get through Market street in the 'city will know these people are terrorists.. pure and simple.

There need to be more piers and holding facilities available to round up these whackos as they are taunting and damaging cars as they pass by as well as parked cars on the streets.

This isn't a protest- it's gang warfare terrorism by extremists. They are proving themselves to be no better than the terrorists they defend, which now shows clear their belief system and derivation therein.

well i choose my words with as much care as i feel is needed to express my point, but i am not a psychic so i cannot help but to be at least occasionally misunderstood. anyway, i was merely pointing out what i see as the cause of such things. assuming your friend was not a clear and direct threat to the life of the one who killed him, i belive an equal fate would be fair punishment for the alleged "peace protestor." i am not a take sides kind of guy so i don't make apologies for people, i just call it how i see it. ;)

oh and Joe, this goes back to the difference between you and i as to how we value details when compared to principles; and the difference in matters of our opinions that come from that. i would go on to explain myself but i am afraid that it would be futile so i hope you might be willing to let it go with the understanding that it is how i feel, as i understand that you belive i am wrong.

Back