How fast can you type?

I got 113.33 wpm and 453.33 cpm with 2 mistakes.

Interesting but in my hurry to finish it up I was raising my fingers way to high and basically pounding the keys, funny.

Interesting how you got a higher wpm and yet a lower cpm Skyring. I really am not used to his new keyboard that much. Its a Saitek Eclipse 2...and at work I am used to using the Microsoft split keyboard dealiyo...my brain takes a bit of getting used to switching between those 2...

Interesting how you got a higher wpm and yet a lower cpm Skyring. I really am not used to his new keyboard that much. Its a Saitek Eclipse 2...and at work I am used to using the Microsoft split keyboard dealiyo...my brain takes a bit of getting used to switching between those 2...

Might be caused by the writing you had to do. Filled with more commas? I'm not sure really. Could also be the mistakes, though that really doesn't make much sense either.

Considering I managed to get a thread locked this weekend, probably faster than is good for me ... *hangs head in shame*

(115wpm, there you go)

Last edited by a moderator:
5 errs
54.58 wpm
219.64 cpm

cpm = chars per min?

I don't do much typing, my work and study require thinking. ;)

116.49 wpm, 491.54 cpm, ~3 mistakes, third try.
I'm sure I could get it over 500 cpm if I could be bothered to try a few more times.

All that time ircing is at last good for something ;)

Edit: 120.89 wpm, 516 cpm :)

Dang you guys are fast! alt_nick thats seriously quick! But also can you on average between the various texts that are being displayed produce the same speed in a few tries? Coz the first time I tried I got around 90 something wpm...and then I took the next passage seriously and that is what I posted...

nintenho, that site worked for me in Firefox...

According to this, not fast enough. For the, you know, typing Olympics.

speed.png

88.89wpm :mad:
Bah, bought a new keyboard yesterday. And couldn't they select a text that contains a somewhat more everyday language?

Back