How can I touch up my pic a bit?

Deepak

B3D Yoddha
Veteran
Actually I got a passport size pic clicked at a photo studio but the outcome was hilariously bad, for one I dont look anywhere close to my age. And my face is almost frowning, not even a hint of smile...bottomline it is bad. How can I touch it up? Make my face smile slightly (or atleast in pleasant mode)...touch up my hair too...then I'll take the file to that studio and get its printouts. I dont have Photoshop, is there any free imaging software which can do that? Thanks!

I know your just saying passport size.... but if it IS for any form of identification like a passport or id, you can't touch them up.

If you want free photoshop-like software, get The Gimp. Fantastic software.

http://www.gimp.org

or get some shareware version of paint shop pro for the job. I really like paint shop pro, it's simple, powerful, I remember doing deformations and color effects on my 486 with 4MB (PSP 2.x at the time), now I have some 7.0x version, launches instantly. great!

Thanks Malo. The only thing I want is to add a little touch of smile to my face...thats it.

I'd go grab the trial version of PhotoShop from Adobe...You'll be able to get that pic looking stellar in no time and for free! :)

Thanks Malo. The only thing I want is to add a little touch of smile to my face...thats it.

Not a picture used for some sort of photo-ID I hope?
I would presume that is illegal, I know here in Denmark that is a BIG no-no....

Once again, hope it's not a passport, smiles aren't aloud either... seriously. No emotions whatsoever. And definitely no touchups lol.

It is for an ID only, but here it is not illegal. I mean I am not altering my face, just want to make it look a bit smiling...the original pic is bad. Or else I'll get another one clicked (as last resort).

It is for an ID only, but here it is not illegal. I mean I am not altering my face, just want to make it look a bit smiling...the original pic is bad. Or else I'll get another one clicked (as last resort).

But you are altering your face.
I really hope you are sure about the law, because AFAIK tampering with photos for photo-ID's i a major offence and have harsh punisments in any country?

Surely, just touching it up a bit is allowed?

passport.jpg

:LOL:

Actually I got a passport size pic clicked at a photo studio but the outcome was hilariously bad, for one I dont look anywhere close to my age. And my face is almost frowning, not even a hint of smile...bottomline it is bad. How can I touch it up? Make my face smile slightly (or atleast in pleasant mode)...touch up my hair too...then I'll take the file to that studio and get its printouts. I dont have Photoshop, is there any free imaging software which can do that? Thanks!

Here in Holland you arnt even allowed to smile on your passport picture anymore.

Back