help with nero! my pioneer dvd RW can only burn cds and dvd format movies

ultragpu

Banned
wenever i try to open a nero burning rom to burn files from my harddrive into a dvd, the 3 options on the wizard : "BURN CD, BURN DDVD, BURN DVD" only the BURN CD option is available.....

so if not using wizard select the file format myself, how to get the dvd burning to work?

p.s. although i forgot to ask for a copy of my dvd driver, wen installing windows xp its already being updated, and lately i've even dled the newer version from pioneer websites, and windows recognises my dvd drive just fine. only issue is i have previously had a cdrom that stopped working so i replaced it with this new dvd rom/rw onto that slot and it is on the master slot could that be why cant burn dvd disks? my friends said that cant be the problem so wondering wat can be wrong. so far burning some dvd movies i dled from bittorent that came out in dvd format, was the only thing that had worked and it was done with a diff software which also failed to burn regular files onto a dvd.

Did you try the Nero info tool? It sounds like you use the wrong kind of DVD's for your drive.

the disks i use are 2.1/16xspeed 4.7gb for both data and video. and my burner is a Pioneer DVD-RW DVR-110D

thing is, i've previously burnt dvd formatted single movie file onto one of those disks before. just cant get any other type of files onto them whether its nero or any diff software.

and when using windows to burn, it just says disk error while other softwares tends to think of the disk as a regular cd and says its out of space wenever i add more than 700 megs but in my-computer it displays as 4.7 gigs alright.

p.s. i've got about 25 of those discs and i've tried not with just one so it cant be a single faulty disc either.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back