Halo [PC Ports]

So the mcc is gonna make halo as close to the og xbox as possible on pc?

After reading this I went over to my moms house and tried to find my original pc halo disc. I found the box but the game wasn't in it! SO SAD.

Anyway looking forward to this, thanks for bringing it to my attention lol.

I'm not sure you can even run Halo PC from disk as it requires Games for Windows, IIRC. Hmmm, or did Games for Windows come after the first Halo on PC? Bleh, I'm getting too old to remember these things. :)

Regards,
SB

I'm not sure you can even run Halo PC from disk as it requires Games for Windows, IIRC. Hmmm, or did Games for Windows come after the first Halo on PC? Bleh, I'm getting too old to remember these things. :)

Regards,
SB

Hmm, I seem to recall having to download that thing now that you mention it. Was a huge PITA even then. Doesn't matter anyway because I lost it anyway lol.

I might be confusing it with the 360 controller software though, because you needed it for that as well I think.

Hmm, I seem to recall having to download that thing now that you mention it. Was a huge PITA even then. Doesn't matter anyway because I lost it anyway lol.

I might be confusing it with the 360 controller software though, because you needed it for that as well I think.

GFWL didn't require a 360 controller. And using a USB 360 controller worked natively with Vista and beyond (and I think with XP too with SP3?). Only when using the wireless adapter and wireless controller do you need any specific software.

It's been a while since I tried installing Halo 2 on PC and seeing what the GFWL situation is. I almost want to say you still get a GFWL connection in order to get the game updates, but other than that, the service basically doesn't exist anymore.

The original Halo on PC doesn't require the disc to play once you install it. Don't know if it's a launch release feature or something patched in but it's nice :cool:

It amazes me that a physical disc is still the only [legal] way to get your hands on the PC original.

Interesting that they are showing the E3 2019 demo before E3. :) But I'm not complaining, I really want to be able to play this on PC.

Have been wanting to play it for a year or so now, but don't want to bother hooking up the X360 and even more don't want to play it with a controller.

Regards,
SB

The original Halo on PC doesn't require the disc to play once you install it. Don't know if it's a launch release feature or something patched in but it's nice :cool:

It amazes me that a physical disc is still the only [legal] way to get your hands on the PC original.

Wow I guess I better dig through my moms

Yea I had the wireless one, with the dongle. Still do someplace, probably with the halo disc in the attic or something.

The check was removed in one of the patches after a few years. edit: 1.08

Back