Had to sort of brag a bit...

Mize

3dfx Fan
Legend
My wife and I bought the company we worked for at the end of 2005...the same year we opened a subsidiary in China to sell/service our stuff in Asia. The previous parent company was furious that we didn't manufacture our product there.

Yesterday we were awarded the Ohio Exporter of the Year award by the governor. Silly in some respects but we're beaming...

http://www.odod.state.oh.us/newsroom/releases/1790.asp

GOVERNOR HONORS OHIO BUSINESSES FOR SUPERIOR EXPORTING
Marathon Sensors Inc. earns "Exporter of the Year" award

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
July 18, 2007

Columbus, OH -- Governor Ted Strickland today recognized 31 Ohio businesses for outstanding contributions to exporting with the 2007 Governor's Excellence in Exporting Award ("E" Award) at an awards ceremony at the Statehouse Atrium. Among the winners was the 2007 Exporter of the Year, Marathon Sensors Inc., located in West Chester (Butler County)...

Congratulations. Planning your run for Congress in '08 or gonna wait for '10?

I'm not kidding. . .

WAY too many skeletons in my closet for a congressional run :) ...I'd have to be a Rove-type-behind-the-scenes guy...I mean hell I'm an atheist and on my second marriage!

As for jobs, I am actually hiring. Looking for someone to basically manage a product - design revisions all the way to work (assembly) instructions and supply management. CAD experience (mechanical) and the ability to manage bills of material and ECOs is crucial.

Oh yeah, you have to live in the Cincinnati region too.

You do know you cant run a sucessful business without a highly paid tea-maker
make that very highly paid tea-maker

Congrats Mize. It's cool your company is being recognized by the governor. If you don't mind me asking, what exactly is your business? I know running a business is no easy feat, and for you to win this award is spectacular.

Congrats Mize. It's cool your company is being recognized by the governor. If you don't mind me asking, what exactly is your business? I know running a business is no easy feat, and for you to win this award is spectacular.

Thanks Sonic.
We specialize in high-temperature, in-situ oxygen sensors and control systems. Our two main markets are atmosphere heat treating (hardening steel parts for autos, tooling, aerospace, etc.) and combustion efficiency. In the latter we allow operators of large furnaces (glass melting, power generation, steel reheating, etc.) to get a precise measurement of oxygen in the firebox to control the air-to-fuel ratio. Typically we can save about 10% on fuel that way while dramatically reducing NOx and CO emissions. Sort of like the oxygen sensors on cars but for big furnaces.

In heat treating our systems are used to control the diffusion of carbon into steel since oxygen is related to carburizing potential via two equilibrium equations. This is the business that has taken off like crazy in China.

So basically sensors and control systems for heavy industry (that's the "at a party" answer).

I mean hell I'm an atheist and on my second marriage!
Atheist - no problem. Just pay god lip-service like most of 'em do, and many people in congress are on way more than their second MISTRESS let alone marriage!

;)

Gratz on the award. Daring entrepreneurs need encouragement! :cool:
Peace.

Back