Guru3d: 5700XT & 5900 have "8 (2x4) pixel pipelines

AndrewM said:
Just to make a note, Geforce1/2 have 2 general combiners. Geforce3/4 have 8 GC's.
That's the logical model.

Physically, I always assumed it is 2 GC, 1 FC per pipe for all NV1x and NV2x. But now I realize that this was probably overkill for NV10, because one GC and one FC per pipe is enough for all fixed function dual texturing.

Physically, I guess it is this way (overall, not per pipeline):
NV10: 4 GC, 2 FC
NV15: 4? GC, 4 FC
NV2x: 8 GC, 4 FC

Xmas said:
AndrewM said:
Just to make a note, Geforce1/2 have 2 general combiners. Geforce3/4 have 8 GC's.
That's the logical model.

Physically, I always assumed it is 2 GC, 1 FC per pipe for all NV1x and NV2x. But now I realize that this was probably overkill for NV10, because one GC and one FC per pipe is enough for all fixed function dual texturing.

Physically, I guess it is this way (overall, not per pipeline):
NV10: 4 GC, 2 FC
NV15: 4? GC, 4 FC
NV2x: 8 GC, 4 FC

The advantage that the geforce2 had over the gf1 is that it could use 2 general combiners at full speed..the whole GTS rubbish..

AndrewM said:
Logically, yes. Physically, it's still two (per each of the four pipes). Keyword: Loopback.

AndrewM said:
The advantage that the geforce2 had over the gf1 is that it could use 2 general combiners at full speed..the whole GTS rubbish..
I was under the impression that NV10's texcoord interpolators were broken, and as a result it could only do half-speed trilinear (4x1), but not the intended full-speed bilinear (4x2).

zeckensack said:
AndrewM said:
I was under the impression that NV10's texcoord interpolators were broken, and as a result it could only do half-speed trilinear (4x1), but not the intended full-speed bilinear (4x2).

I say they should have reintroduced this most amazing technology in the NV3x :LOL:

Uttar

Back