GTA4: "Hot Coffee mod" settlement announced

Just to clarify, it was originally rated "M" 17+, at least that's what my launch box says.

D'oh, you're right. It went from M to AO (adults only) with the hot coffee exposure, which is what pushed it off a bunch of shelves until the new disc was pressed.

and yet farenheit and God of War 1 and 2 got away with sex mini games fine without them having to be modified (well in some regions for farenheit).

also surely this is GTA:SA "Hot Coffee mod* settlement announced

and yet farenheit and God of War 1 and 2 got away with sex mini games fine without them having to be modified (well in some regions for farenheit).

also surely this is GTA:SA "Hot Coffee mod* settlement announced

Those games didn't ship with this content on the disc, unbeknownst to the rating boards. Maybe the ratings boards are useless, but the last thing the game industry wants is to draw more negative mainstream attention.

i guess that would be non disclosure of possibly unlockable material. i don't think the punishment fits that crime. in the console hack aren't they fully clothed. so that would be akin to games modified with nudeskins in the PC version.

personally i think games could do with all the mainstream attention possible that wouldn't result in bans.

This is honestly as stupid as somebody suing a car company after they swallowed some gas when trying to siphon it out of a tank. If you need to use something besides an unmodified console, controller, mem card, etc. to access the "explicit" content, then why should it matter? The developers themselves didn't try to give the player any way to access the content. I'm surprised that R* lost.

Back