Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas Sales Exceed 12 Million Units

Pozer said:
Im really looking forward to the xbox GTA:SA release. My friend bought it for his ps2 but it wouldn't play correctly. It would play fine for a few moments but if you got into a car and tried to drive you would drive into nothing. No textures nothing. It would also happen if you ran somewhere. It was like you were running off the map. The street would disappear and everything. If you stood still for a few minutes the enviroment would eventually appear. I heard this has something to do with the way the game streams of the dvd. I guess his launch ps2 was a little long in the tooth. I came so close to pciking up a psTWO just for GTA:sa but I feel too guilty about getting a system this late in the cycle. Lots of good games I wanna check out like Rygar, Contra, Ghouls and Ghosts sequels, and bunch more. Oh yeah and Socom2 online. Maybe ps3 will enhance ps2 games with FSAA and some sort of Anistropic Texture technique. Of course Gamecube and re4 can be had for $100 with a trip to the local pawn shop. Arrghh need xbox2 screens to quench my thirst for this gen games.

that's not a game fault but a fault of the ps2. GTA games need constant streaming from the dvd.

next time burn on it on some quality media ;)

Say, I think they just might have something here with this "Grand Theft Auto" game...

The should make a sequel to it!

hey69 said:
that's not a game fault but a fault of the ps2. GTA games need constant streaming from the dvd.

next time burn on it on some quality media ;)

Or copy it to the HD like i did, makes the pauses go away when entering buildings etc.. and keeps my original in shape :)

Back