Google taking over the world?

Googlezon?

The New-York Time being the last bastion of journalism ethic, and press freedom?

The New-York Time becoming a newsletter made only for... the intellectual elites?

:LOL:

Interesting pred-fiction.

I got a giggle that the NYT was somehow the gate keeper to truth, however.

Sounds very Skynet, don't u think? Love this kind of stuff...

Can you guys recommend any books that are somewhat related to this subject? I've got to find some good books to read :D

london-boy said:
Can you guys recommend any books that are somewhat related to this subject?
This subject?
You mean a book about the NYT being the be-all and end-all of modern journalism?

:devilish:

Vysez said:
london-boy said:
Can you guys recommend any books that are somewhat related to this subject?
This subject?
You mean a book about the NYT being the be-all and end-all of modern journalism?

:devilish:
:LOL: :LOL: I mean stories like this u nutter!!

Besides, this thing is obviously flawed. The Sun will merge with Google so that every piece of "news" they come up with will have a topless page 3 girl atached to it! Free boobies for everyone!!

london-boy said:

Can you guys recommend any books that are somewhat related to this subject? I've got to find some good books to read :D

Something closely related, recent or good? Try A fire upon the deep by Vernor Vinge. Distant future, but about "the net of a million lies" and all that. He teaches those things as well. Very good book.

Noooo... 24/7, 365 days a year of garbage news and reality shows + Tivo cutting out all the adverts. Kill the technology now before it too late :p

london-boy said:

Not on this subject, but try William Gibson's Neuromancer and Vernor Vinge's A Deepness In The Sky and A Fire Upon The Deep. Oh yeah, also Walter Tevis' The Man Who Fell To Earth.

london-boy said:

Besides, this thing is obviously flawed. The Sun will merge with Google so that every piece of "news" they come up with will have a topless page 3 girl atached to it! Free boobies for everyone!!

The sun are downright useless, they havent even figured out lifelike replica boobies yet, free for every reader...

sytaylor said:
london-boy said:

The sun are downright useless, they havent even figured out lifelike replica boobies yet, free for every reader...

Did i mention, the guy who did the photoshoot, the last one, is the same guy who shoots the page 3 girls... :LOL:

sytaylor said:
HOLIEST OF HOLY COWS BATGIRL....

SO he's seen... been near...

:oops:

*drool*

Yeah.. and all those skimpy Liberty X girls shots you see sometimes in those very serious papers like the News of the World...

It seems interesting, and the Grid computing segment is somewhat plausible from a technical standpoint (just nowhere near the timeframe given).

The danger of overly customized news is real, though not in the form of EPIC. It's just not possible in the forseable long term that any algorithm to be implemented that can somehow pull relevant segments out of news stories to create its own version.

In the end it doesn't matter, as the pervasive nature of future computing is going to assimilate all media anyway.

3dilettante said:
In the end it doesn't matter, as the pervasive nature of future computing is going to assimilate all media anyway.

For some reason you can't kill print. People love newspapers and books, and probably will continue to do so.

sytaylor said:
3dilettante said:

For some reason you can't kill print. People love newspapers and books, and probably will continue to do so.

As long as there are toilets, the papers like Sun are here to stay ;)

sytaylor said:
3dilettante said:

It will be interesting to see what affect e-paper has on the print industry once it becomes ubiquitous.

Back