Good PSUs?

bystander

Regular
I need some help choosing a new PSU. I've made a list of PSUs I can get but I don't know if any of them are any good, so that where you guys come in ;) . I'd appreciate any help given.

I was hoping anyone with experience with the manufacturers of these PSUs, could let me know what they think about them. I'm particularly interested in how noisy these PSUs are, so if you do know please let me know. :)

Here's my list of PSUs:

Antec True Power 330W

Enermax 350W Fan Adjust

Sparkle Quiet 300W Passive PFC

Thermaltake Silent 360W

Thanks in advance for the help guys. 8)

I'm liking my Antec TruePower 550W and 480W units. It seems most peeps like Antec and Enermax models.

Yeah, Antec was the one I picked due to the issue in my "Snap, Crackle, Pop!" thread. In fact, exactly the one you listed...I looked on the Antec site and read the purchaser reviews at newegg for it, and things seem to confirm that it is quiet, and other reviews I've read across the net recommend it as an excellent and reliable power supply.

Maybe take a peek at newegg (online shopping site) yourself and read some consumer reviews...not the most reliable source of info, necessarily, but it might give you specific issues to investigate elsewhere atleast.

EDIT: Oh, and IIRC, the Truepower autoadjusts case fan RPM. Yes, just checked, it claims to do so (based on power demand).

Right just had a quick browse through newegg and have now narrowed my selection down to either the Antec PSU or the Thermaltake PSU. Both seem to get good ratings on newegg and both are supposed to be quiet. I'm going to try and find a few more reviews before I make my final decision, thanks for all the help guys. :D

Back