God of War 3 interview

The guy's funny though! "i just fucked up my game on PSP, it wasn't any good!" :LOL:

and "i know i'm a B-level game designer.. no, C-level!! I know our fighting engine is not as good as Devil May Cry!" :LOL:

God he was drunk...

I love David Jaffe, he is such a breath of fresh air. I am surprised that Sony hasn't given the go ahead for God of War 3. Heck if GOW took 3 years to make how long before we see it on the PS3.

I love David Jaffe, he is such a breath of fresh air. I am surprised that Sony hasn't given the go ahead for God of War 3. Heck if GOW took 3 years to make how long before we see it on the PS3.

Well they would probably re-use lots of the work they have already put into the game, so it shouldn't take 3 years to make another GOW game. Like it didn't take 3 years to make GOW 2.

Yes, but GoW 2 uses the same engine as GoW 1.
I don't know if they already have programmers working on a PS3 engine in the background but if they want to make a similar graphical impact like GoW1 had on the PS2 I guess it'll take some time.
Offcourse, the main concept for the game is already set so that's going to save time.

No mention of the other 2 download titles. I guess Sony want those out the way, and GOW2 out, before they look for GOW3.

I think Jaffe went to them and said 'I wana do small download games' and they said 'okay' rather then 'sod off and work on GOW3 whether you want to or not.' Jaffe wasn't apparently pushing for GOW3, and GOW2 isn't out yet. Plus the downloads give Jaffe's team a chance to cut their teeth on the hardware before taking on a major project. Sounds smart to me.

The guy's funny though! "i just fucked up my game on PSP, it wasn't any good!" :LOL:

and "i know i'm a B-level game designer.. no, C-level!! I know our fighting engine is not as good as Devil May Cry!" :LOL:

God he was drunk...

I'll take the blame for that, my "god of war is shallow" bashing at Gamespot (what was it, like 300 posts?), IGN and GAF has finally gotten to him. I'm so sorry, this is all my fault.
Indifferent2.gif

Hahaha Jaffe was so drunk.
Indifferent2.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
On a serious note, UE3 won't save them any time on the assets and those are what will take a huge amount of time.

Not to mention they need to force Tim Moss to create an engine so he has something to fight with Jaffe over.:oops:

The following is a totally fictional scenario:

Jaffe: Gimme mo polygons!!!
Indifferent2.gif

Moss: No, I won't, ya arrogant ****.
angry.gif

*titanic brawl ensues*

j/k of course, Jaffe and Moss are both awesome. I can't wait to see the awesomeness that is God of War 3, Jaffe make it happen!!!:oops:

Last edited by a moderator:
Back