One review said 17h for the extension... Could justify the price for my weak, weak mind wanting to buy it.

Buy it, this game is the cure for having played Forbidden West. And I kinda enjoyed Forbidden West for 30 hours. But this? No UI getting in the way and no need for one, no handholding every step of the way like you're a one year old learning to walk. No useless "extra" features like a damned mini game you play all the time. Instead gorgeous art direction, every quest has an actual story behind it. This is the most I've enjoyed an open world game since The Witcher 3

Seems like another solid port from Nixxes with just a few issues here and there.

One way the PS5 version still destroys the PC version is in loading times. From the video I saw it was arounds 1.5 seconds on PS5, and around 5 seconds on PC. PS5 version really had the work put into it to take advantage of the dedicated hardware inside the PS5 to load quickly. PC is more representative of the gains you'd typically see from a game designed around an HDD to a SSD on PC.

It sucks that DirectStorage isn't up to par for what Nixxes would want from it. Hopefully MS are still working away at it.

Without DLSS, a 3080 may not be able to hold 60 fps at 1080p in their test sequence.
With a little playing with the settings and no upscaling I'm getting closer to 70fps with a 2600x and 2070 super. It does dip into the high 50s occasionally but it's pretty solid and absolutely gorgeous.

Looks like Ghost of Tsushima will overtake God of War to become the highest peak CCU for a Single Player Playstation game on PC. It needs over 73.5K and is currently at 72K.. and 2nd overall behind Helldivers 2 at ~459K.
Hope it encourages Sony to keep releasing games to PC, and hopefully they'll start doing more sooner.

I know it seems to inflame a portion of their PS base but does it really affect their console business releasing to PC after a year or so? If I want to play a game bad enough I'll buy a console, like when GTA VI comes out. Whatever the best console for it is I'm getting.

Sorry if this is a bit OT but I rather enjoy these Sony cinematic games.

I know it seems to inflame a portion of their PS base but does it really affect their console business releasing to PC after a year or so? If I want to play a game bad enough I'll buy a console, like when GTA VI comes out. Whatever the best console for it is I'm getting.
Part of the drive for Sony is to push PC gamers onto the Playstation platform to buy hardware/games there instead of Steam, or anywhere else, not merely take advantage of additional revenue streams after first-party sales have dried up. They want to capture full profits of their studios, not lose at least 30% of it. That's why you see a push for PSN linking for Steam games.

Here it runs at 70fps at 1440p with DLAA. 1% lows of 58fps. Surely, it wouldn't be a problem to do 1080p/60 and maintain a minimum higher than 60.

I can bust down my framerate with FSRAA or something but that doesn't look as good as DLAA to me and DLAA runs better. You'd almost have to try to get it to run under 60 with a 3080.

That is not the same area,
Sure, but it's representative of the game. I don't see how you can struggle to run it at 60fps at 1080p on a 3080. This makes no sense unless there's a VRAM bottleneck.

Edit: Ah, I saw the difference. My video has everything set to Very High but computerbase has a few settings set to Ultra and ultra shadows are very demanding.

Last edited:

SteamDB data shows that earlier on Friday, sales of the port of developer Sucker Punch's award-winning action title were halted in non-PSN countries in an update to its backend. Notably, this news comes after Sucker Punch publicly announced players would only need to link their Steam account to a PSN one for Ghosts of Tsushima's co-op multiplayer mode Legends, and also less than week before the PC release's scheduled May 16 launch.“

Unclear if this was initiated by Sony or by Valve but what a mess.
Yea I was going to buy it when PSN was optional but now I skipped the game.

Back