Gates to Yamauchi: If you let us buy Nintento, we will do it

McFly

Veteran
Microsoft hat Interesse an der Ãœbernahme von Nintendo

Die Softwareschmiede Microsoft will im Markt für Spielekonsolen offenbar nicht nur auf die eigene XBox setzen. Konzerngründer Bill Gates äußerte Interesse an der Übernahme von Nintendo. "Wenn Hiroshi Yamauchi mich anruft, kriegt er mich sofort an die Strippe", erklärte Gates am Rande einer Analystenkonferenz in den USA gegenüber der Wirtschaftswoche. Gates sagte weiterhin, er würde umgehend ein Angebot abgeben, sofern Verkaufsbereitschaft bestehe. Nintendo gehört mehrheitlich dem japanischen Milliardär Yamauchi. Microsofts Interesse dürfte dabei insbesondere den erfolgreichen Spiele-Charakteren gelten, mit denen Nintendo aufwarten kann.

(tol/c't)

http://www.heise.de/newsticker/meldung/49761

Basicaly he told to Weltwoche that if Nintendo would let MS buy their company, MS would immediatly do it. I hope Yamauchi will not let that happen.

Fredi

If true and not a hoax, that would make Microsoft rather dominant (Nintendo's vast character and franchise licenses, as well as the almighty gameboy empire). But realistically it won't happen, if it does, until the GC3, XB3, PS4 round.

Re: Gates to Yamauchi: If you let us buy Nintento, we will d

McFly said:
Basicaly he told to Weltwoche that if Nintendo would let MS buy their company, MS would immediatly do it. I hope Yamauchi will not let that happen.

Fredi

Do what exactly? Am i the only one missing something here? :oops:

McFly said:
Take over, buy, eat ... Nintendo. Sorry if my bad English was not clear enough. ;)

Fredi

Oooooh as in "if u let us, we will buy u!!" i get it now... Sorry, bit on the slow side today....

Yamauchi-san is way too proud and stubborn to sell out his life's work to some barbaric, long-nosed gaijin ;)

"Basicaly he told to Weltwoche that if Nintendo would let MS buy their company, MS would immediatly do it. I hope Yamauchi will not let that happen. "

if nintendo bends over, bill gates himself personely would take them from behind..

but Yamauchi is not that kind of guy for one reason or another

Will never happen. Yamauchi won't sell his families legacy to some gaijin. He'd rather fight Gates to death with his bare hands. It's not like he needs money either. I present you Hiroshi "Clint" Yamauchi :D

peterpeter-gen424.jpg

The article linked above links this other site and article...

http://www.wiwo.de/pswiwo/fn/ww2/sfn/buildww/cn/cn_artikel/cn/bm_morecontent/...

If that link doesn't work go here...

http://www.wiwo.de/

I sure wished I could read German. Or at least Google translated a lot better. ;)

BTW, what's the possibility of Microsoft buying Nintendo and then spinning off Nintendo and the Xbox division into a seperate company? Yeah, I know, would never happen, but Nintendo might be more receptive to the idea if the console division was not part of Microsoft.

Tommy McClain

Guden Oden said:
AzBat said:
The article linked above links this other site and article...

EEddiitt tthhee ffuucckkiinngg uurrll, iitt''ss ssccrreewwiinngg uupppp tthhee ppaaggee......

Somebody not take their meds today?

Tommy McClain

I edited the URL. Happy? BTW, our site uses vBulletin for its forums and it automatically edits urls and shortens them if they're too long. Maybe Dave can look into seeing if phpBB supports something similar?

Tommy McClain

hey69 said:
"Basicaly he told to Weltwoche that if Nintendo would let MS buy their company, MS would immediatly do it. I hope Yamauchi will not let that happen. "

if nintendo bends over, bill gates himself personely would take them from behind..

but Yamauchi is not that kind of guy for one reason or another

That news provoked weird thoughts. Imagines Yamauchi doing the moonwalk in his gigantic marble bathroom naked singing "Billy G is not my lover, he's just a guy who thinks I am the one" :LOL:

The exact quote is: If Yamauchi calls me (probably means MS HQ), he will get me on the line immediately!

If i were Yamauchi i would call MS HQ just for kicks. I can already see Bill's Secretary saying: Mr. Gates, it's a Mr. Yamauchi from Japan!. Bill will probably get all sweaty and dollar signs will appear in his eyes. Just to have Yamauchi say on the other end: Bill, MUHAHAHAHAHAHA! :D

yama.gif

thop said:
The exact quote is: If Yamauchi calls me (probably means MS HQ), he will get me on the line immediately!

If i were Yamauchi i would call MS HQ just for kicks. I can already see Bill's Secretary saying: Mr. Gates, it's a Mr. Yamauchi from Japan!. Bill will probably get all sweaty and dollar signs will appear in his eyes. Just to have Yamauchi say on the other end: Bill, MUHAHAHAHAHAHA! :D

yama.gif

LOL !!!!! :LOL:

I guess anyone should know that offering your company for sale puts you in the weakest negotiation position imaginable. It's an totally different world from an aggressive buy-out, which Microsoft doesn't have the cash for at this time IMHO. (they can, but the investment would prove to be too big, even for Microsoft).

Evil_Cloud said:
I guess anyone should know that offering your company for sale puts you in the weakest negotiation position imaginable. It's an totally different world from an aggressive buy-out, which Microsoft doesn't have the cash for at this time IMHO. (they can, but the investment would prove to be too big, even for Microsoft).

??????????????????

Um trust me. MS can finance a buy out if they want to. There are plenty of reasons why MS wouldn't want to take Nintendo via hostile means. I'd need a team of Japanese lawyers and a couple weeks to put the powerpoint presentation together though and I don't have the money or the time. ;)

TheMightyPuck said:
Evil_Cloud said:

??????????????????

Um trust me. MS can finance a buy out if they want to. There are plenty of reasons why MS wouldn't want to take Nintendo via hostile means. I'd need a team of Japanese lawyers and a couple weeks to put the powerpoint presentation together though and I don't have the money or the time. ;)

Evil Cloud wasn't mentioning that MS couldn't finance a hostile bid. However, the crucial point is when the investment is going to turn out to be profitable and here lies the crucial point. Ms can afford to shell out over 6 billion USD, but to reach a a break-even for that venture within the next 10 years is a another issue. The question is if it is worth the risk involved....

Back