First few GFX benches

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reverend said:
I'll get started on that once I receive a reply from Dave about a reverend@beyond3d email request. Dave, you didn't reply to my PM of such a request...

Its on my 'Task list'.

Doomtrooper said:
Two sites reported it, thats enough evidence in my books (unless they are all lying . :rolleyes: )...

I hate getting into irrelavent p*ssing matches, but how many sites reported the quake-quack fiasco? And how many of them were 100% accurate?

You seem to thrive on confrontation\paranoia and both yourself and Hellbinder remind me of some kind of Ed Angry character but on amphetamines, or maybe the guy at the end of invasion of the body snatchers - you've got to believe me, they're coming to get you... flee flee you crazy fools - don't ever fall asleep or the nvidia fairy will replace your graphics card with one of their own... I'm not crazy I tell you... .

It's a poor confrontational attitude that quickly sinks threads to Dooms level where like the proverbial idiot, he'll just outmanoeuvre you through experience. :rolleyes:

DaveBaumann said:
Reverend said:
I'll get started on that once I receive a reply from Dave about a reverend@beyond3d email request. Dave, you didn't reply to my PM of such a request...

Its on my 'Task list'.

Hey, something good actually came out of this thread! 8)

1) Dave, thanks for the acknowledgement.

2) Doom loves ATI, hates NVIDIA and would side with any other IHV besides NVIDIA... this is clear and I really would be surprised if he disputes this (and, really, I don't care whatever reasons are given for this). He's one a few. There are others that simply hate NVIDIA without choosing sides... Sharkfood, for instance, is one (come on now, admit it). It is an understandable behaviour... the sooner folks accept this, the easier it is to read this forum.

3) DemoCoder loves nothing more than a card that is the latest in terms of technology... like a few others here.... regardless of who made them. I'm also pretty sure all B3D staff is the same.

4) I am still amazed why anyone loves one IHV and hates another!!!

A lot of ex3dfx users hate nVidia even though they have used their products....

then you have people like me.

nVidia: I like their products, hate their PR and them as a company, but they have some good engineers.

Ati: I like their products, used to have issues with their software engineers, they have improved there.

Matrox: Love their products, like their engineers, hate the fact that their company is run by business people who seem to care less about 3d card products.

3dfx: great cards, starting just rehashing them though which hurt their image

and on and on......

I am also probably considered one of the old group of gamers (even though I am under 30).

Ive used every card from every generation for the past 10-12 years. There are a lot of fanboys that come along and have only used one IHV and swear by them. We've seen that kind of stuff for over 50 years with car club freaks. What makes the computer world different?

BoardBonobo said:
Doomtrooper said:
Two sites reported it, thats enough evidence in my books (unless they are all lying . :rolleyes: )...

I hate getting into irrelavent p*ssing matches, but how many sites reported the quake-quack fiasco? And how many of them were 100% accurate?

You seem to thrive on confrontation\paranoia and both yourself and Hellbinder remind me of some kind of Ed Angry character but on amphetamines, or maybe the guy at the end of invasion of the body snatchers - you've got to believe me, they're coming to get you... flee flee you crazy fools - don't ever fall asleep or the nvidia fairy will replace your graphics card with one of their own... I'm not crazy I tell you... .

It's a poor confrontational attitude that quickly sinks threads to Dooms level where like the proverbial idiot, he'll just outmanoeuvre you through experience. :rolleyes:

Go back to Nvnews where you belong Surfmonkey aliass are lame, nobody is thriving on anything nor are these baseless statements made up by fanboys as so often spread around here...two sites reported how loud it was, and I stated way back that yes it was a early card and this issue may be addressed, yet coder is ranting and raving as if the issue didn't even exist...and stated there is no facts to base that statement on..which is a freakin 'Stupid' thing to say.. :devilish:

Reverend said:
2) Doom loves ATI, hates NVIDIA and would side with any other IHV besides NVIDIA... this is clear and I really would be surprised if he disputes this (and, really, I don't care whatever reasons are given for this). He's one a few. There are others that simply hate NVIDIA without choosing sides... Sharkfood, for instance, is one (come on now, admit it). It is an understandable behaviour... the sooner folks accept this, the easier it is to read this forum.

Yes I like ATI (obvious), where you are wrong is the hate Nvidia part..(I don't like their marketing nor the business practices) but aknowlege they make a decent product albeit too expensive where I live compared to other offerings.
I used Nvidia products many times Rev, and sold lots when I had my company but I'm not one to worhsip them like some people expect..stockholders included.

Wow, Rev, you really opened a can of worms there....making accusations toward others without "evaluating" yourself. Since you opened the can, I may as well scoop out the little critters...

For what it's worth, I disagree with your assesment of DemoCoder, and probably with the assesment of yourself. (Though I don't know how you perceive yourself?)

I would assess you, DemoCoder, and folks like Russ Schultz, and nAo (sorry to bring you into this, Russ and nAo ;)) all similarly: I see you all having a favoritism for nVidia, for whatever reason. ("Come on now, admit it.") I see most of your relevant arguments / posts tend to have an nVidia slant to them, but at the same time the posts are generally kept within the realm of reason, by putting forth opinions that have some arguably valid basis.

I would honestly classify myself as pretty much the same, except I tend to favor ATI, for whatever reason.

So in most cases, when I "meet" any of you, we typically end up with reasonable discussions where we may end up just agreeing to disagree...as we both may have different opinions, each based on a different set of reasonable, though different criteria.

What is important, is that our "favoritism" does not lead us to take some invalid or outlandish basis as the foundation for an opinion.

DemoCoder said:
Benefit of the doubt? Wait and see attitude? Unheard of. Try frolicking with glee.

Try reading the replies to you again from me...there is lots of benefit of the doubt replies :!:

albeit a early card but the reference to noise is made quite clearly...

I'm sure it will get better

Yep I'm just spammin up the thread with baseless facts :rolleyes: The comment on THG where they state Nvidia promised to work on the noise must have been a typo.

sorry for being OT, but interesting discussion a bout 3D tech we are having here. Is the forum software broken so that mods cant delete posts that are on 12th+ page ?
:?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back