Firefox 1.0

Thanks!

Now upgraded.... sadly bugmenot doesn't appear to have a compatible version... yet

Simon F said:
Thanks!

Now upgraded.... sadly bugmenot doesn't appear to have a compatible version... yet
Looks like I might have been wrong. I just re-installed it and it all seemed OK...

WOW! The Ctrl-F find is much better. Love it!

I'm a long time Firefox user - the best browser I've experienced including Opera.

BTW it's advertised on a full page in New York Times today - with 10,000 names (like me & wife ;)) who made it possible... 8) :LOL:

EDIT: Not today - it'll be out sometimes next week AFAIK.

Anyone care to list their essential extensions for a longtime Mozilla user looking to switch to Firefox? I'm missing Mozilla's "kitchen sink" approach...

There's just so much to choose from I'm a little overwhelmed, just like the theme/extension sites themselves.

Bouncing Zabaglione Bros. said:
Anyone care to list their essential extensions for a longtime Mozilla user looking to switch to Firefox? I'm missing Mozilla's "kitchen sink" approach...

There's just so much to choose from I'm a little overwhelmed, just like the theme/extension sites themselves.

I use the following extensions:

Adblock (a must)
All-in-one Gestures
ieview
Duplicate tab

I use "Noia 2.0 (extreme)" as my theme.

Tim said:
I use the following extensions:

Adblock (a must)
All-in-one Gestures
ieview
Duplicate tab
Of those, I've only got ieview.

How does Adblock work? How does it differ from me just right clicking and blocking images from a particular site?
I was also concerned it might stop adverts that fund B3D.

The only other extensions I have (of note) are
Linkification: Plain text "http:\\" etc into clickable links, and
BugMeNot: which often saves the tedium of registering with a site to read it when you are only going to visit it once in a blue moon.

Simon F said:
How does Adblock work? How does it differ from me just right clicking and blocking images from a particular site?
I was also concerned it might stop adverts that fund B3D.

It is much more powerfull than just blocking images for particular sites, it works with flash too, it supports wildcards, you can chose if you wan't to remove the ads (not download them) or just hide them, you can import/export your filters etc.

I don't think blocking ads on pages where you don´t want them blocked is a bigger problem with adblock than with just the "block images from"-function, unless you use wildcards like "*/ads/*". A future version of Adblock is going to get a whitelist feature, solving this problem completely.

I use:
Clone Window
ChatZilla!
Context Highlight
Ctrl-M-Click
DictionarySearch
DownloadWith
Flat Bookmark Editing
miniT
Mouse Gestures
OpenBook
Paste and Go
Scrollbar Anywhere
SessionSaver
Show Failed URL
Statusbar Clock
Stop-or-Reload Button
Text Link
undoclosetab
Weatherfox

As much as I like Firefox (which I do since it is my default broswer) it seems kind of strange that you 'need' extensions to do simple things like "show failed url" or "clone window".

My extensions list:
- Web Developer
- Gmail notifier
- ieview
- Quicknote
- undoclosetab <- not compatible with FF1.0 yet though
- Show Failed URL
- OpenBook
- ImageZoom
- WeatherFox <- lastest one I installed, and loving it

huh....i have ove 20 extensions installed...

web developer tools is one of best
all.in.one gestures also
adblock (offcourse)
firefox view (adds option to IE to view page in FF....hehehe....)
google preview (show site oics when u google)
weatherfox.....i like to know whats outside my room ;)
diggler....really usefull.....try it....
Habari Xenu (for RSS feeds)
spoof stick....if u doubt some site....there u go....

these are just some of those i have installed...cant wait for more....

oh yea...BBcode....for forums ;)

Back