Finally ordered my new Sammy HDTV!

london-boy said:
... It's a brit thing... :LOL:

I'll post pics of my place with the new setupand with nice sexy girls (fag hags) with very little clothes around to make you guys happy! :LOL:

Don't post pics of sexy girls at your place, I'll hate you for that! :devilish:

;)

london-boy said:
Hehehe sure? I've got some very impressive girl-friends.... :devilish:

Do I get a carrot too, or will you just give me another stick? :cry:

EDIT: Ooops, that was a wrong choice of words... :LOL:

_xxx_ said:
Do I get a carrot too, or will you just give me another stick? :cry:

EDIT: Ooops, that was a wrong choice of words... :LOL:

DEFINATELY the wrong choice of words!! :oops:

Which reminds me about... carrots... erm...

Tahir2 said:
Rabbits remind you of carrots. Rabbits. :rolleyes:
No, I've been watching the entirety of the "Tenchi muyo!" saga lately....carrots make me think of Ryo-Ohki.

ryoohki_first_carrot1.jpg

Again, meow! :p

Actually I was thinking londonboy is some kind of super furry animal..

Back to this thread... someone bought a 28" Sony CRT three years ago and went to Costco cos it didnt work, they refunded him £30 and he got a 32" Samsung LCD too.

Nice buy lb! :)

I hope you will tell us the experience with your new tv. Things you should share with us are - pic quality, easyness connecting to a computer, playing games, overall apreciation!

russo121 said:
Nice buy lb! :)

I hope you will tell us the experience with your new tv. Things you should share with us are - pic quality, easyness connecting to a computer, playing games, overall apreciation!
I'll fill this board with impressions and pictures (with and without girls!) :LOL:

london-boy said:
heh i lost hope on 1080p sets. Even then, at the size i need for my living room (32-37"), 1080p is useless. It becomes to be relatively noticeable after a certain size (normally 42"). So i'm not too bothered...

900 quid more or less from Dixons - used MAC5 to get a 5% discount (about 60 quid, not too bad!) and another code for free delivery :D
But i did pay for "installation", not because i want the guys to install the thing, but because they take it out of the box and see if it works properly straight away. It would be a pain to send it back, should anything be broken, know what i mean? That was 20 quid...

i bought mine online from pixmania (samsung 27T51B , the cheaper R ) it was only like 770euro delivered. btw, samsung has ONSITE waranty. 2 days after i received my screen, there was a vertical red line (stuck pixels...?) on my panel. i freaked out. one phonecall to samsung Helpdesk and 2 days latere a tech came by and replaced the TFT panel! NICE SERVICE

btw, if you happen to get a xbox360 on day or another, i recomend the vga cable.
running the console trough his native resolution of the screen gives the best and sharpest Pic Quality

hey69 said:
one phonecall to samsung Helpdesk and 2 days latere a tech came by and replaced the TFT panel! NICE SERVICE

I know, they do have a great service, the guy comes round, checks the fault then 99% of the time he just tells u to send it back or takes it away with him so u get a replacement!

btw, if you happen to get a xbox360 on day or another, i recomend the vga cable.
running the console trough his native resolution of the screen gives the best and sharpest Pic Quality

I know and well, unless my finances change, i don't think i'll invest in one of those... :D

hey69 said:
you are saving up for ps3 then ;)

Mixture really, saving for Sky HD (the box will be around 500 quid which is disgusting and deserves a boicott but i'm sure i won't resist temptation), then for a HD-movie player, whatever it is, and depending on when the bloody thing comes out, a PS3 - which could be just the HD-movie player and save me a lot of money...

london-boy said:
Mixture really, saving for Sky HD (the box will be around 500 quid which is disgusting and deserves a boicott but i'm sure i won't resist temptation), then for a HD-movie player, whatever it is, and depending on when the bloody thing comes out, a PS3 - which could be just the HD-movie player and save me a lot of money...

basically my plan..

Tahir2 said:
http://hd.sky.com/

Nothing for you to be concerned with Digi.. it is the only real Satellite channel broadcaster in the UK (possibly Europe too).

Well it's not exactly the only one, but it certainly will be the most mainstream way to get HD broadcasts, and certainly the only way to get proper program. So far, there are 2 European channels showing HD content but all they show is commercials and silly documentaries or stuff like that. Not even nice documentaries either...

Argghhh!!! I hate you people ... you've got me wanting an HDTV LCD now! :devilish: I'm very tempted by the M51 version of the Sammy 32"-er. I should resissst... but can I? :cry:

Back