Field Commander: "the best game I have played on the PSP to date" (OPM)

Titanio

Legend
OPM's review of Field Commander for PSP has been posted on the writer's 1up blog. 1up had it on their show on Friday also, it looks and sounds very sweet!

http://www.1up.com/do/blogEntry?bId=6848622&publicUserId=1002439

What does this have to do with Field Commander? With a few key differences -- and blessedly less dialogue -- Field Commander is Advance Wars for the PSP. But here's the beauty: Rather than being an opportunistic clone, Field Commander is, in fact, the best game I have played on the PSP to date (knocking off X-Men Legends II for the top spot). Simply put, it's a thorough and polished work from start to finish.

Field Commander also dramatically differs -- and improves upon -- Advance Wars through the inclusion of practically every multiplayer mode imaginable. Ad hoc? Check. Infrastructure? Check. There's even Transmission mode that lets you play several online games at once. If any of these modes had lag, I couldn't tell.

VERDICT: Turned-based strategy doesn't get any better than this.
SCORE: 5 out of 5.

At least it doesn't on the PSP, I guess ;)

Most surprisingly, this is from SOE!

Does Field Commander offer single-disc or single-machine multiplayer options? Online play would be nice, but AWDS is hardly starved for multiplayer options.

sounds nice! although i still chuckle when i hear ppl cite Advance Wars as the epitome of strat XD I suppose it's the high water mark for handheld... Now if they make a good FFT/Shining Force/Ogre Battle clone, I'm going to actually get tempted by the PSP! :9~

gokickrocks said:
whens it coming out?

Should be "soonish". It might need to be re-submitted to SCEA depending on whether or not they are willing to waive a couple of bugs.

Back