Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer

Natoma

Veteran
http://www.apple.com/trailers/fox/fantasticfourriseofthesilversurfer/large.html

In that one teaser, I've become far more interested in the FF franchise than any scenes from the first movie ever did.

Seeing the surfer stop a fully flamed up and speeding Johnny Storm by grabbing him at the throat, drag him into the upper atmosphere, and drop him back to the earth as his flames are suffocated out... Wow.....

And that's only the end of the trailer. *cough* Through the Chrysler building??? :oops: *cough*

Hopefully the movie lives up to this teaser. Bring on Galactus!

I too look forward to this one. As a long time fan of the SS I've allways hoped the day would come when the industry could do this right. I remember when I was young and at the store holding the 1st issue of the SS. God I wish I still had it now. Lets hope they do this right......

I couldn't care less about the lame FF stuff (and the horrible choice of actors), but I absolutely adore Silver Surfer and related stuff. So I'll watch it anyway.

Heh, I remember reading FF #48 for the first time back in the mid 70s and loving it. Wonder if Reed will whip out the Ultimate Nullifier in the movie?

Don't recall the SS phasing through objects, though it's been years since I read the books.

Don't you think the Silver Surfer didn't make a major leap in terms of CGI-quality from it's brethren (and yes, I refer to Terminator II).

James Cameron was really ahead of his time...

Don't you think the Silver Surfer didn't make a major leap in terms of CGI-quality from it's brethren (and yes, I refer to Terminator II).

I dunno --how do the budgets, adjusted for inflation, compare?

Well there is only so much you can do with someone who looks like shiny metal... Besides i remember watching T2 not too long ago and noticing a few little things that made me go "Eww", which i had never seen before. Especially the low framerate of the T1000 "melting" and a few questionable reflections - unless i dreamt all of that.

By the way, great trailer!! In fact i even sat through the horrendous F4 a few weeks ago just because i heard about this sequel coming out...

Heh, I remember reading FF #48 for the first time back in the mid 70s and loving it. Wonder if Reed will whip out the Ultimate Nullifier in the movie?

Don't recall the SS phasing through objects, though it's been years since I read the books.

I also don't recall him having that ability but I've been in a comic book hiatus for about 9 years. I collected his comic and have read some other titles where he shows up but in none of those does he phase ala Kitty Pride AFAIR.

Ultimate Nullifier? Oh heck no. Let's leave as much of the cheese out of this movie! Next you'll be clamoring for Franklin to show up, evolve/age himself forward by 20 years, and then save the universe. Ack! Egads, that's why I despise the FF. They've got too much of that Wil Wheaton saves the Enterprise....again for the 20th time stuff going on. All IMHO of course! ;)

Silver Surfer is one of the few comic characters I've always loved, looking forward to watch this movie entirely because of him...

He has the ability to rearrange matter, I believe. Probably not an ability that was used regularly early on. But when you have a character who's power is "cosmic" in nature and basically limitless, you have a lot of room to take artistic license over decades of comics.

HD sure brings out the flaws (pimples, moles, ....) in people.

It's a major problem, and is causing massive increases in production costs. Sets, costumes, and make-up are all having to work to a much higher, more expensive and more time consuming standard. The stuff that you could get away with and look fine on SD are shown up badly on HD. Many of the big stars are having problems in that they don't look as good as they need to when HD is showing every flaw. The BBC's recent serialisation of "Bleak House" filmed in HD supposedly cost twice as much as a SD version due to the extra work.

I dont know if i saw the right one, but I have vague recollections of watching FF cartoons with the SS.
Does he actually ride around on a surfboard? Because I always thought that was really cheesy and weak , a guy riding a surfboard in the vacuum of outerspace.......

Im with Dave only need Jessica Alba as a reason to watch.

Back