Falskaar mod for skyrim

Davros

Legend

Features
- An entirely new land independant of Tamriel, roughly the size of 2-3 Skyrim holds.
- 20-30+ hours of gameplay.
- 26 quests, including a 9 quest long main story, and 17 side quests! (Along with some unmarked content)
- New items including new books, recipes, weapons and armor sets. (A mix of brand new, and retextured)
- Two new spells and a new shout.
- A bard with several unique new songs.
- A soundtrack containing 14 brand new tracks composed by Adamm Khuevrr just for Falskaar, adding more than 40 minutes of new music!
- A fully voiced experience, featuring almost 30 semi-professional and professional voice actors and actresses.
http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/37994//?

Apparently made single handedly by a 19 year old at home.

I hope he didn't use only one hand, as that would be terribly inefficient..

Jokes aside, the author's description mentions a "QA Team", and there are 30 semi-professional and professional voice actors, so there's more than one person working on it.

I wish many of these mods were available on steam workshop, as it's a damn bother having to track versions and update addons manually via a 3rd party website. I just can't be bothered with shit like that anymore.

I wish many of these mods were available on steam workshop, as it's a damn bother having to track versions and update addons manually via a 3rd party website. I just can't be bothered with shit like that anymore.

Better yet is to just have the mods available in game like StarCraft 2.

Regards,
SB

Eh? Nexus Mod Manager does exactly that and is much better than Steam Workshop. In fact I've been a Premium member of Nexus for almost a year now. Fantastic service to have (the mod manager doesn't require Premium membership though).

Eh? Nexus Mod Manager does exactly that and is much better than Steam Workshop. In fact I've been a Premium member of Nexus for almost a year now. Fantastic service to have (the mod manager doesn't require Premium membership though).

I have to +1 this as well. I used NMM on Fallout New Vegas and it worked like a charm. It really seems to focus on Bethesda games however.

My point was that using the workshop means I don't have to bother with any 3rd party websites, including any external manager programs, regardless of wether they're alledgedly better than the workshop or not. So a mod manager doesn't really solve the issue, it still requires extra effort.

Extra effort? Maybe you need to stick with consoles so you can press the go button on your fuzzy little games and teabag the kiddies.

Oh please. The elitist-sado-masochist-PC-user attitude went out of fashion with the death of MS-DOS.

And please, next time before you open your festering little gob, remember you're speaking to an adult. Show the proper respect.

Thank you.

Will do. It was more meant as a joke but probably went too far.

I believe however that there's a big difference between squeezing ms-dos components into himem to maximize base memory for a specific game and running a 3rd party utility that provides a simple and very powerful tool for managing the insane world of Bethesda game modding. More and more modders are using Nexus exclusively so if you're truly interested in Skyrim mods then it's a great way to go.

but your point is childish, NMM does exactly what you want, but because it isn't your 3rd party app of choice "it's all to hard".

But Skyrim is a Steamworks game, so you have to use Steam in the first place. NMM is another piece of software which you wouldn't need if the mods were managed through steam.

Yes, I realise this would help to benefit Valves ecosystem and in turn it all sounds a little anti-competitive, but he has a point. Reality is that you need Steam to run Skyrim, so not needing an additional piece of software to manage mods would be a nice bonus for many people who hate riddling their PC with dozens various programs all designed only for one very specific task.

I purchased the PC version too because of the summer sale offer. Even so, I know deep down that I am going to play the console version, despite of the mods and stuff, because I mostly play on a laptop and I throttle it down on purpose so it doesn't get so hot and Skyrim is a demanding game, graphically wise.

However, I could try this mod someday whenever I learn how to install Skyrim mods even if I play it in relatively short sessions.

Back