Excuses for being caught napping @ Work

Hell, I've only had one real job outside of academia, and my first job was as a tutor at the community college I attended (at the age of 19). No bones about it, I am lazy. From time to time I find the motivation to work, but it's not all that common :)

8. "Whew! Guess I left the top off the white-out. You probably got here just in time!"

Hahahaha. I've fallen asleep at work before. I was honest and didn't make up any excuses. They don't typically do anything aside from reprimand you.

Well, if I had a "do not disturb / sleeping"-sign, then it's the guy who wakes me up that need to come up with the excuses. It doesn't happen often that I sleep at work. But it has happened, and I've never needed any excuses. That's because while I've been sleeping on normal office hours, I haven't done it on working-time. If I am at work and sleep, then it's by definition my free time. Ie, I will compensate it by working a bit longer. Same thing if I feel like taking a 45 min coffe break (which happen now and then).

Back