EURO DS Lite Launch Date

StefanS

meandering Velosoph
Veteran
Official announcement

The Nintendo DS Lite will become the new addition to Nintendo’s video game family when it launches in Europe on 23rd June 2006. Available in two colours from launch - a sleek black edition and a cool, stylish white edition, the summer really is looking brighter.

Nintendo DS Lite is a lighter and brighter version of the highly successful Nintendo DS, which has sold more than 4 million units across Europe and 16 milllion units worldwide. It will join the Nintendo DS range as a ‘premium’ alternative to the current Nintendo DS and is expected to retail at the estimated price of around £99.99 / 149.99 Euros.

THCQXuvU9RcXYdUVVmvrnkfd3S74c-jm.jpg

Yeah, I saw this yesterday. WHEEEEEEEE!!!!!!

White AND black... How to choose between the two? I might have to get both! :oops:

Too bad it's taken so damn long for us to get this sexy thing, but it's not that much more now. I'm very excited.

I'm taking absolutely zero delight in the US getting the black DS after us euros, it simply doesn't concern me, heh. :) What does make me slightly happy however is that we swedes get the DS one day ahead of the rest of europe, because the 23rd is midsummer's day, and one of the most popular holidays of the year. Thus, I've been told we're going to get our DSes on thursday the 22nd instead, yowza! :D

Wow you sure are a lucky bunch!! Maybe I should go to Malmö and pick on up... Naaah, I think I can wait 15 more hours. ;)

NucNavST3 said:
I can't remember if it was you, Guden, that thought the 360 controller was too small, if so, I'd like to hear what you think of the Lite.
No that wasn't me, the 360 pad is one of the comfiest I've ever held in my mitts.

As for the DS Lite cramping, I'd suggest you try to relax your hands a bit more as you play, that should help.

GRRR, not sure HOW I'm going to manage all until release day, it's more than a WEEK off! :D Btw, I think I've decided to go with the black one, but I'm still not totally sure. I heard the white's matte finish on the inside has a tendency to turn grey from dirt/skin abrasions, and I wouldn't want the plastic to miscolor and become yellowish either over the years. A black unit would fix that. Then again, black shows smears and scratches on the outside much more easily, so darn it, I'm cursed either way I go! :LOL:

Guden Oden said:
Btw, I think I've decided to go with the black one, but I'm still not totally sure. I heard the white's matte finish on the inside has a tendency to turn grey from dirt/skin abrasions, and I wouldn't want the plastic to miscolor and become yellowish either over the years. A black unit would fix that. Then again, black shows smears and scratches on the outside much more easily, so darn it, I'm cursed either way I go! :LOL:

Unless you're not using it and keeping it in its box, it's going to show signs of use regardless of its colour. It's just unavoidable :p

Guden Oden said:
GRRR, not sure HOW I'm going to manage all until release day, it's more than a WEEK off! :D Btw, I think I've decided to go with the black one, but I'm still not totally sure. I heard the white's matte finish on the inside has a tendency to turn grey from dirt/skin abrasions, and I wouldn't want the plastic to miscolor and become yellowish either over the years. A black unit would fix that. Then again, black shows smears and scratches on the outside much more easily, so darn it, I'm cursed either way I go! :LOL:
Any design worth a damn will look better with signs of human use. But there is a difference between scratches and dirt/smuts.
So I choose black. I actually welcome small scratches from happy daily use.

Read on Joystiq I believe that millions of $'s worth of black DSes for Euro launch have BEEN STOLEN in hong kong recently! MAN, that sucks!

What if I can't get my black DS at launch? :(

Damn triad mofos! :mad:

Back