Dying Light: Mirror's Edge

orangpelupa

Elite Bug Hunter
Legend
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J2TSCZqcjR0

just watched it and it looks like Mirror;'s Edge got fused with dead island. The way the animation works and triggered looks similar with mirros edge (the hand helping to land, the flingin arm when run, etc).

btw the way they drop supplies on island and think what to do when hears other people makes me remember "BTOOM"

it come out next year for all platforms

surprisingly, the zombies seems does not spread the infection.

EDIT:
they seems using the similar trick with Devil May Cry reboot. Zombies off-screen will have their AI disabled.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ugh... Part of me goes: yech, not another god damned zombie game... Enough already!

The other part goes: hmmm... Movement looks really slick and smooth...and look at those graphics!

:LOL:

It seriously just looks like Dead Island with some free running. Given it's the same developer I can understand and I assume they will try to make it somewhat different.

This is out now, and it sounds like it's getting really good reviews. Anyone here playing it yet?

I may pick it up this weekend...

I am, its dead island with parkour and a slightly wonky walking mechanic. (very slow and seems like the character has a limp or 1 leg longer than the other)
I have to fight my fps urge to kill every enemy in sight.
If you like dead island get it.

I think I posted in the "What are you playing now?" thread, but I'll post again here.

I didn't play Dead Island, I'm not entirely sure why to be honest. Nevertheless, I'm really starting to enjoy Dying Light. It has taken me a while to get my head wrapped around the parkour elements, and occasionally the game isn't helpful in showing you how to work your way back down. It took me several tries to figure out how to get back down from ledges that I'd scrambled up -- without just falling to my pain and/or death. I also only figured out ziplines from radio towers after reflecting on how Far Cry 3 at least let you use ziplines to get down -- and tada! Turns out zipline IS an option, even though there's nothing to really demonstrate that it should be.

I haven't progressed far enough to stay out late at night comfortably, those really nasty things will chew me up and spit me out quick-like. I'm still working through finding good weapons and good mods.

Oh, and the eye candy is excellent. I'm on a 3930k at 4.5Ghz, 32GB of ram, an OC'd 7970 and a 27" 1440p monitor. At max in-game settings it isn't 60fps smooth, but it's certainly playable. Turn off AA (gasp) and motion blur and it gets fluid pretty quickly.

I also skipped Dead Island and I'm playing Dying Light on PS4 but it's a game I absolutely love and which I can see myself buying again on PC if the mod scene takes off.

Bought this on PC so I can play with a zero HUD mod. :yep2: Impressively it detects the DualShock 4 without any software and shows the proper icons (square, triangle, circle, cross etc).

Back