Drving to florida any cool places to stop at on the way down

jvd

Banned
wow thats a long tittle haha. Anyway on the 20th i'm going to drive down to florida with my friends . A graduation trip basicly . I was wondering if anyone knew cool stops to go on. I'm from jersey so thats the starting point and its basicly strait down. In nj there are cool places and lots of urban legends (you can check out the link in my sig for cool stuff to do in nj). So i was just wondering if any of you knew cool places to stop . Besides south of the boarder that is . That place stinks unless we want fireworks .

lots of places to stop at, how much time extra time do you have? Do you like amusement parks? historical locations? scenic areas? beaches? shopping? will make suggesting things easier. ;)
later,

If you want a little local southern culture stop in at any Waffle House and take in the locals while having a steak and waffle breakfast. Be sure to stock up on Tums, Maalox, Pepto, and Immodium if you do this tho :)

I was going to suggest avoiding "Pedro's South of the Border". After looking at your site you may find it quite interesting ;) . All those billboards would most likely worn you down anyway. :D BTW where is your final stop ?

the only think we are not big on is shopping , final stop is kissamee (sp?) we love wierdnj stuff. Nothing like getting drunk in devils tomb or get a little loving next to the grave in loews thearter. Or hitting hirums for some hot dogs .

linthat22 said:
Sorry to hear that you're going to Florida.

whats wrong with florida ? bad weather or something ? it hasn't really stoped raining in jersey for the last month so thats not a big big deal .

epicstruggle said:
I think the reference is to the fact that Pres. Bush won Florida.

later,
ohhh i voted for nater or how ever you spell his name. not that it matters the whole world is run by aliens :rolleyes:

If you are going to a theme park I recommend Universal Islands of Adventure in Orlando. The spiderman ride is awesome.

I'd also recommend stopping in St. Augustine to visit the Castillo de San Marcos (an old Spanish fort) and St. George Street. Although St. George Street is small shops (not mall shops) so you might not like that. If you like wierd stuff you might like the Ripley's Believe it or not museum. I haven't been in the museum since I was a little kid so I don't know what they have there anymore.

3dcgi said:
If you are going to a theme park I recommend Universal Islands of Adventure in Orlando. The spiderman ride is awesome.

I'd also recommend stopping in St. Augustine to visit the Castillo de San Marcos (an old Spanish fort) and St. George Street. Although St. George Street is small shops (not mall shops) so you might not like that. If you like wierd stuff you might like the Ripley's Believe it or not museum. I haven't been in the museum since I was a little kid so I don't know what they have there anymore.

Yea i've been to florida and the them parks 18 times in my 21 year life. This time its me and the guys though and not me and the family. We are all single 21 /22 year olds that just graduated college. Pretty fun eh :) Going to be alot of drinking .

we plan to hit magic kingdom (come on man you gotta go . ) and isles of andventure. Although i can't hit the rollercoasters this time cause of my back.

The drive down is going to be a bit crazy. 4 of us in a truck for an 18 hour long drive. Going to be interesting .

Back