does anyone have a crossfire x1900 rig running at present?

everything okay with it heat wise? i've noticed that ati's build partners (my spec shopping method) are looking weird. more partners on the list, but they still don't offer xfire.

and the one i looked at earlier doesn't seem to allow the build i spec'ed out last time.

on top of that, over at radeon support, some people were talking about heat issues.

so anyone got a bleeding edge rig at present?

With stock cooling both cards will dump all that heat into the case. If you'd put an airduct from the cards exhaustarea and out of the case it's probably not a problem. But then you'd have to build something custom for your case, though it's probably not that hard to do if you don't care about how it looks. If you don't do something like this your case temperatures are bound to rise alot.

maaoouud said:
With stock cooling both cards will dump all that heat into the case. If you'd put an airduct from the cards exhaustarea and out of the case it's probably not a problem. But then you'd have to build something custom for your case, though it's probably not that hard to do if you don't care about how it looks. If you don't do something like this your case temperatures are bound to rise alot.
Stock cooling blows the air out the back of the case. The real issue on heat is how close the cards are in CF. the topcard would get more heat...

im getting suspicious the "build for you" companies are, as yet, unable to build a stable highend crossfire rig. (perhaps reluctant to go with water cooling).

nothing offered as of yet, anyway, and the one company i speced out earlier (monarch). doesn't allow for the crossfire rig i selected anymore.

Back