Do you people think there are still people named Hitler as their last name?

Guden Oden said:
Nothing complicated at all. My omelettes simply don't want to "shape up" and stick together...

i hope you don't mind if i give my 2 cents advice? :)

an easy wy to learn to make omelettes is this: start with a healthy coating of grease. some use oil but i prefer the falvor of butter, and it will brown your omelette golden brown as you like. you basically want a noticeable coating of buter on the whole bottom of the pan. the key here is use the lowest heat you can, and you can't really go wrong. for fluffiness, add a small amount of milk -- maybe 2 tablespoons per egg, though this is just a to-taste thing. just don't add a LOT of milk or it will come out pretty bland and with poor texture. so, you've got your beaten eggs, and you've laid them in the pan on LOW heat, now just leave the room lol (you prob shouldn't until you've practiced a few times, but it's really straightforward once you get used to it)! you could cover the pan at this point to make it go faster. in maybe 3 minutes the eggs should set, and if you've greased the pan properly, you can flip it and add your (already cooked) ingredients, or, as i prefer, add your ingredients then fold. it all depends on whether you want your eggs at all runny on the inside/crispy on the outside, or just evenly cooked throughout. last step is to add some salt and some peper; i find eggs plain to be slightly bland, unless you're already adding a salty cheese :) btw, if your cheese is cold and doesn't melt fast enough, you can cover the pan back up for 2 minutes and you should be fine.

That's good advice man, thanks. :) I guess I was having a too hot a pan when I tried...!

Will see if I dare to try again some day, heh.

Cheers!

np of course :)

this is, btw, not the "proper" way to make an omelette. it is just the fool-proof method. for truly ideal omelettes, use high heat, and scrape your cooked portions into the center, periodically, allowing the runny portions to flow underneath and set. there is just a bit more that can go wrong with this method. ;)

Back