Detonator 5?

Pav_37

Newcomer
I've been reading some rumors that Detonator 5 might be released soon. Does anyone know if that's true or if it could be?

Are the current 28.xx, 29.xx drivers fully optimized for Geforce4? Or do you think (or know) that there is still lots of things that can be added to these drivers to make them work faster and better on geforce4?

And another question - current latest driver I have seen was 29.41 - what happends when 29.xx runs out? Will we see 30.xx drivers or are these reserved for NV30? And in that case - 40.xx? or 35.xx?

Any answers to these question would be really really appreciated . Thanks!

I've heard the same rumor on several different message boards also. A few of the posters have been known to be fairly accurate about things like this but it's interesting that lately they've been silent. Lol, that could be seen as either a good or bad thing I suppose. :)

For what it's worth I've heard that noticeable improvements in the performance of the cards when performing aniso and msaa were to be expected. Umm, I think they were referring to GF3 and especially GF4 cards with that. For my part I'll only venture that I expect improved performance and compatability with the new Unreal engine as that seems like something any vendor would deem a sensibile area to devote effort on.

I bought a Geforce4 recently for £320 ($466) in UK and I'm hoping nVidia isn't going to wait untill NV30 to release these Detonator 5's. Ideally, I want them today so I can play Morrowind without overclocking the card to possibly unstable levels :) But I'm prepared to wait untill tomorrow if I have to - :D - no really, if some1 knows when they might be out - let me know - but I don't want bad news like - 3months - that wouldn't make me very happy. :LOL:

Back