Destiny 2 crash bug on PS4 Pro?

Good to see it resolved, I didn't think it would be firmware based.
If the claim was toggling HDCP for the console affected how often crashes occurred, is that something Destiny would be directly controlling? A good portion of that is something I'd figure Sony wouldn't want any third party to have visibility on, so I'm curious what the game can do to hit it. I thought the final display transmission was handled with that weird indirect interface Sony implemented for output.

If the claim was toggling HDCP for the console affected how often crashes occurred, is that something Destiny would be directly controlling? A good portion of that is something I'd figure Sony wouldn't want any third party to have visibility on, so I'm curious what the game can do to hit it. I thought the final display transmission was handled with that weird indirect interface Sony implemented for output.
People were trying to debug it, some claimed it was HDCP, others claimed it didn't do anything for them. That why I wasn't sure anymore, but your points do make a lot of sense.

Only because Destiny 2 is huge. If Destiny were the size of KSP, Sony wouldn't lift a finger and the devs would likely be impossibly positioned to debug this.
I meant bungie vs ksp devs. But yeah, it's apples and oranges since it's a big aaa game and was interrelated to the firmware.

KSP was launched with 1.00 and never got an update. It corrupts save games and crashes every few launches. It is unplayable on ps4 or xbox and you have to start over every few mission or builds. They promised a patch for over a year lying their ass off. Sony got the bulk of complains and removed it from the store, and they were giving refunds (no idea what the xbox people did, probably the same). I got conned for a year waiting for a promised patch which never happened. Not a single one. It's still 1.00 to this day.

This here, was solved in a week.

Had my first crash yesterday, codename baboon.
Was in a 3-person fireteam about kill the friggin' final boss in a >1hour strike, connection down.

FFFFFUUUUU

Back