Dell is now selling AMD based machines

Jabbah

Newcomer
Linq

Alienware is now a branch of Dell.

Alienware sell AMD based machines.

Dell now sell AMD based machines.

Unless they force alienware to stop selling them and only sell Intel.

:LOL:

Wasn't it The Inquirer that stated something along the lines of "Dell will never sell AMD based machines"? My memory is foggy...but I remember reading something about that somewhere...

uh, i doubt AMD is celebrating. This means nothing for them, as there wont be any CPUs in Dell branded PCs. No more AMD chips will be sold now than before.

It will be interesting to see how this affects Alienwares marketing. Will they get included in Dell mailshots? Part of the Dell magazine or an extra pamphlet inserted into it? I think Alienware will now get a lot more exposure as part of this deal.

There have been rumours going around that one of the reasons that Dell wont ship AMD systems atm is due to the volume of processors that AMD can ship. This seems like a good way to introduce AMD processors into Dell without the issues of volume.

I hope this improves the quality of Alienware cause I really like their quad sli setup paried up with a 30" monitor.

BlueTsunami said:
:LOL:

Wasn't it The Inquirer that stated something along the lines of "Dell will never sell AMD based machines"? My memory is foggy...but I remember reading something about that somewhere...
They have said both. Dell talks to AMD whenever they need to get negotiations going with intel. Inq reports that. They also specualte that it is all just a bargaining ploy and will never amount to anything becuase of the wads of cash transfered into Dell accounts. This may change.

Back