Curious, what media do you guys use?

i used Wood , mazout oil and paper for all my burning needs

and my car needs LPGas and Benzine

whatever, doesnt matter.
48X+.
pc club generics work good for me, dont know all the fuss is about.
I've used memorex(have 100 stack right now) but it doesnt burn any faster, and old ass generics still work, aslong as I didnt fuck them up i.e scratch.

If people knew how short the real lifespan of their DVD's was they'd freak.

Memorex makes a decent DVD-R and there are frequent half price sales.

IIRC Verbatim has a special top of the line version of their blank DVD's that actually do exceedingly well in third party tests.

I think I've read they are soon going to add a scratch resistant surface to those DVD's.

I went through all of this with my CD-R media a few years ago ... even the branded stuff you can't trust ... 'cos some of it is from good factories and some of it isn't. So you end up trying to find the right batch from the right factory from the right brand from the right retailer. Life is too short for that crap.

So... if you're really wanting to be anal about media lifespan ... make fresh dupes of your stuff every year.

Currently using DVD+Rs. I dun really follow brand, there's too much variation from one batch to another. I follow media codes but usually those are produced from Ritek, Ricoh or Taiyo Yuden. Now using Ricoh 8x (RICOHJPN R02) on LG 4163B drive.

Currently the best for me are Mitsubishi / Verbatim MCC 003 DVD+R.
Burned with my Philips 1640 flashed with BenQ 1620 B7T9 firmware. ;)

Maxell CD-R's and TDK DVD-R's.

NEVER NEVER NEVER use Liquid Video DVD+/-R's, they will only work 50% of the time if you are lucky.

Back