Not open for further replies.

ArturNOW

Newcomer
They are still ripping us off.

Let's make some calculation

Euro/USD = 1,43

PS3 in USA = 399$
PS3 in UE = 399Euro

399$ / 1,43 * 1,22 (avg tax in UE) ~ 340Euro so I thin Sony should charge more then 349Euro on our market.

I understand it was understable to set prices 399$ ~= 399Euro when exchange rate was ~1,22, if you take into consideration UE tax. But now? Sony has corrected prices on canadian market with new exchange rate, should we make some kind of petition to Sony?

Of course the same thing applies to Microsoft and Nintendo. Both companies are taking advantage of weak dollar by ripping European off.

Well first of all, this topic has been beaten to death multiple times over and it's not as simple as you make it out to be.

First of all tax is also added to the US price, so they pay more than 399$, in most states anyway. Europe also has multiple languages and laws to abide, not to mention the whole logistic operations that Europe requires...

The value of money can change rapidly and it's impossible to to make corrections to the price in so short order, of course over time corrections should be made. Besides it's not just consoles that are cheaper in the US, everything is!

BTW is the 40GB confirmed to be 399CAD or what are you referrering, when you say that Sony has taken the rising value of CAD into account?

BTW is the 40GB confirmed to be 399CAD or what are you referrering, when you say that Sony has taken the rising value of CAD into account?

Yes, I've read Sony set PS3 price to 399CAD.

I know there's tax in US which is more or less 6-7%, that's why I didn't simply conver US price to EURO.

I know everythin is cheaper in US, but PS3 is not manufactured in US and what's more previously it was obvious to simply set european price like $=Euro taking into account exchange rate which was more or less 1,2 and the fact the in Europe you announce prices with taxes includes. But dollar is weaker everyday and 1,43 exchange rate and price fixing in Canada is incentive strong enought to adjust prices on UE market in my opinion.

http://kotaku.com/gaming/playstatio...-in-canadian-playstation-price+fix-312710.php

Of course it's easier to prevent European from buying imported PS3 as those cannot play european Blu-Ray movies oposite to Canadian which uses the same region as Americans. But all in all I think Sony and other companies should adjust their product prices to current situation on currency market.

What you complaining about applies to all CE goods, and most goods through and through. There's no point grumbling at just Sony, and no point grumbling about it on this forum. We all know we're overcharged. The options available are either refuse to buy products until the price comes down, or buy now and lump it.

As there's zip to discuss, I'll close shop on this one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back