Codemasters GRID - Best looking racer ever?

No game to date looks as good during actual play as it does in replays and other demo videos. Like I said the demo will be out in 2 months so it'll be obvious.

No game to date looks as good during actual play as it does in replays and other demo videos. Like I said the demo will be out in 2 months so it'll be obvious.

F1 CE for the PS3 differs.... actual game play looks better than the Replays......

also I believe Motorstom looks about the same on both occasions.....

It doesn't look so hot anymore when you see this ingame footage.
That's the thing I hate about Codemasters (others devs do this too but codemasters does it too much), they ALWAYS show incredible looking screens/videos and at the end the final game is a big step down.

Well I knew before since it was posted(03-18-2008, 07:12 AM ) here
DSCN2522smaller.jpg

...The show floor (see above) was compact but professionally presented with every inch of space optimised for entertaining the public. One forthcoming title of significant interest to this community has been Race Driver GRID. Clearly using a similar graphics engine to Colin McRae DiRT, the game sported some spot effects however the frame rate appeared to be lacking and certainly didn't match previous videos seen of the title or even those on the giant video screen. Backed up by a curious motion blur effect which occasionally appeared disorientating when turning, hence resulting in giving a mixed opinion on the visual approach. Eventually getting hold of the controls was an initial disappointment, with handling more akin to DiRT than Forza, cars felt sloppy and lacking grip. Flying off at the first corner I soon got back on the track and was chasing down first place, tip toeing into the apexes the cars appear to drift rather than drive the corners. But given this curios handling (which may not be final) it was fun to play and I look forward to testing the inevitable Marketplace demo in the coming months...

http://www.teamvvv.com/showthread.php?t=4873

Well think about Toca race Driver with the car oversteering in every corner without losing much speed. The control should be similar to the Mustang back in Toca Race Driver 2.

That'd be because Motorstorm doesn't have replays:LOL:

lol.......forgot about that.....
i was thinking about after u finish a race....camera pans around the vehicle.....

its so wierd that it doesn't have replay, you would think there would be a download or something like the time trail feature after launch...

Just forgot to say, for concerns about gameplay I'm looking forward to see someone skilled playing the game. Those videos are just an early contact.

If they had just a little more input smoothing, the game would look so much less cartoonish. The way the cars are jerking rotationally when the controller taps one way or the other is really unnatural, and the front wheels also turn in the same way, like they did in NFS3. I guess a wheel or skilled player with an analog stick would look much better.

The visuals are great, though. This is probably the look that EA wanted with NFS Carbon.

This is pretty neat:

Codemasters and in-game ad firm Engage have announced that the upcoming Race Driver: GRID will feature integration with the eBay Motors marketplace, allowing players to buy and sell in-game vehicles in a "realistic setting." GRID's love affair with eBay doesn't stop there, with the online auction house also sponsoring a race series in the game called "The eBay Motor Muscle Series," allowing players to the race the eBay Motors Mustang GTR concept car in downtown San Francisco, Long Beach, Washington D.C. and Detroit.

Cool take on the Forza auction house.

http://www.joystiq.com/2008/04/23/race-driver-grid-to-include-integration-with-ebay-motors/

Game looks amazing in-motion. Hope it looks something close to that for PS3. I love Dirt. I'm down to only 3 B-r PS3 games at the moment, Dirt, Uncharted, and Lost Planet.

Cars physics will probably still suck though (was reading the Dev comments inthe official forum). Dirt's handling was horrible.
For the life of me I cant see why they cant make it atleast like PGR. Burnout Paradise is perfect (as an arcade racer obviously)

thanks ..... one of my favorite games... a beautiful, fun racing experience.

"When we first set out to make the game we took a long, hard look at what was happening in the world of racing games at that time, and what we saw was a lot of games doing modding, a lot of games about creating your car and putting pretty patterns on the side of it. None of them appeared to be focusing on the core, which is fast, exciting, aggressive racing. We decided that was what we wanted to do and wanted to try and distil that into your 5 to 6 minute experience and get back to what racing is all about."

they hit that note IMO

"The EGO engine is evolving all the time - it's was in development for over two years before the launch of GRID. I think we've taken a real step up from what you saw in DiRT, even with just a year between the two titles. There are always going to be new features and improvements that we can make. We've had 50 to 60 engineers working on EGO over its two years, so if we can continue at that rate, the sky is almost the limit. I'm of the opinion that it is absolutely the finest racing game engine in the world today, and I think that if you look at the visuals in GRID it'll be hard for anyone to argue."

Back