Civilization VII

cheapchips

Veteran
Civ 7 apparently to be shown off at summer game fest. It doesn't feel like the ideal venue to showcase anything other than the intro video and narrator.

I do actually wonder who they'll go with this time though, after VI's Sean Bean. I would approve of Shatner.

i think a woman? it has been all dudes until now. cate blanchett would be cool, she has a great voice and would help draw in lotr fans :D
also theme song? i do love sogno di volare from civ 6 but baba yetu is the goat and going back to it wouldnt be out of place imho

but lets all get on the hype train!!! just one more tuuuurn

Last edited:
A woman would be cool. Shohreh Aghdashloo would be my vote.
yes would be cool, but she is 72? and there has been like 7 years of content for civ 6 so she would be near 80 if the same release cadence is for 7 so may be a risk if something happened?

also not kate beckinsale lol, i meant cate blanchett :D :D what an idiot i am

civ 7 2025
not oct 2024 as was hoped/expected

but bring on august and more info

Obviously they should to AI Leonard Nimoy. They could even process it to make him sound like a ghost.

But for real I hope they get the real Christopher Tin to do another theme song.

It's going to be interesting to see what if they do another major core game play change (like V and VI) and what it would.

i think a woman? it has been all dudes until now. cate blanchett would be cool, she has a great voice and would help draw in lotr fans :D
also theme song? i do love sogno di volare from civ 6 but baba yetu is the goat and going back to it wouldnt be out of place imho

but lets all get on the hype train!!! just one more tuuuurn

Beyond Earth did have a female narrator.

civ 7 2025
not oct 2024 as was hoped/expected

but bring on august and more info

If it follows the trend since Civ IV it's going to take at least the first expansion (which means a year) as well to avoid mechanics regression against Civ VI.

Honestly, my main point of anticipation is where they go with the art style. Really hoping they lean back away from the cartoony look.

I trust everything else will be new and fun enough.

Honestly, my main point of anticipation is where they go with the art style. Really hoping they lean back away from the cartoony look.

You're going to be disappointed! They seem to have gone for more of the same, but with more object density and dust/weather effects.

I was also hoping for a return to a more realistic art style. Quite disappointing.
they did tone down the cartoony look of the leaders from civ 6

anyway, im quite looking forward to civ 7, but the thing im most concerned about is the way the map will increase on age transition. how will that work in multiplayer? if you play with a buddy there is a max distance for starting locations? might be fine

good that we are keeping leaders while the civ evolves, if the leader also had changed it would have been to much "oh who was that again in the previous age? was that the guy who was a jerk to me?"

Looks decent enough, if not pretty.

Tons of people seem to have a fundamental problem with the whole "switch civilizations mid game" thing. I wonder if they'll drop it? It's just a thematic thing.

Tons of people seem to have a fundamental problem with the whole "switch civilizations mid game" thing. I wonder if they'll drop it? It's just a thematic thing.

I can't help but find that upset very silly when the leader is persistent and the gameplay implications are interesting.

I don't see the complaint as being silly. A civilization has an identity and is essentially a character for all thematic intents and purposes.

It's certainly going to be a jarring change for certain types of play preferences.

I don't see the complaint as being silly. A civilization has an identity and is essentially a character for all thematic intents and purposes.

It's certainly going to be a jarring change for certain types of play preferences.

It is very silly as they haven't played it yet. No one's played a full campaign yet. The people who did get to play it only did the first era. The continuity between ages may feel terrible but it might not. We'll see in Feb!

Back