Citizen SOS App - Volunteers Needed

Discussion in 'Mobile Software' started by Mize, Jun 2, 2020.

1. Mize

Mize 3dfx Fan
    Moderator Legend Veteran

All,

I'm involved in a project to develop a one-button app that will instantly message all your social media followers and member groups your GPS location (link to routing) and a message that you need volunteers to witness an event such as a stop by authorities. The idea being more cameras is safer for all involved.

I need additional volunteer programmers. This will essentially be something like Google Cloud Services with fairly simply python code. The hope is that the project will get the big boys to include it in future base phone OS functions.

Any takers?

PM me please.

digitalwanderer and Florin like this.
  2. digitalwanderer

digitalwanderer Dangerously Mirthful
    Legend

I wish I could code in something besides basic. If you need help with pimping it let me know.

Fantastic idea, best of luck and I'm really glad you're helping with it. <3

3. iroboto

iroboto Daft Funk
    Legend Regular Subscriber

Yea I think I can help with this. I do think we have some of these features running at a telco level. So I don’t know if you’re just looking to tap into a telco system to do it; or for a user to just slam and hit their contacts.

If the latter; we can also see if we can home in on the emergency call GPS location. Its the “intense” form of cellular tracking but it drains batteries heavily so we only turn it on for emergency 911 to gather peoples locations for emergency services.

digitalwanderer likes this.
  4. Mize

Mize 3dfx Fan
    Moderator Legend Veteran

we’re trying to avoid asking users to set up additional, invasive accounts so blasting followers seemed easy as a first step. Definitely think telco level Citizen SOS is the ultimate goal though.

5. iroboto

iroboto Daft Funk
    Legend Regular Subscriber

okay, I will send you a PM to learn more

6. Davros

Legend

Imagine someone popular uses this and suddenly 10,000 people turn up at a traffic stop ;)