Catalyst 9.10, SSAA on HD48xx series?

Neb

Iron "BEAST" Man
Legend
I read in another forum about removing SSAA option restriction in CCC for 48xx series. My first test was Dawn of War 2. I first ran it with 8xMSAA (games config changed to force 8x) and 8xTSAA (quality). This at resolution of 1680x1050 and this gave me about 55-60fps (vsynced) ingame.

Now I went to CCC and changed AA mode to super sampling and launched the game. It now gave me 20-25fps and it looked better. Silhouettes, vegetation, image smoothness.

Now I dont know to what extent it works and with what games but neverthless interesting.

The "XXXX.." is one of the ID keys under the "\0000" category.

Quote:
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Contro l\Class\{XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX}\0000

Maybe I am crazy and it is a placebo effect but it reduced my framerate brutally. Dunno if screenshots capture it correctly with FRAPs but here are some edges.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think the GUID (the piece marked in all the x's) is always the same, but the instance of that GUID (the \0000 section) can change.

I'll have to go home and look...

Nay it doesn't seem to work in D3D applications. "Quality TSAA" was not really on as when unlocking these options in CCC unless I set AA to "Adaptive multi sample AA" then for some reason TSAA reverted to "perfomance".

Back