California Dreaming

Katsura

Newcomer
Well, looks like I'm visiting the sunny soCal in November. Will be staying in San Fransisco and may go to San Diego.

So, residents, any cool/ must visit place to check out?

My interests are:
Corals + Fish
Sea
Skateboarding (will be check out all the parks woohoo)
(hot) Skaters LOL!
Surf(ers)
Natrual History (should go to the Bad lands instead )
Culture stuff
Eating
Pron(heh)
Gadgets
Games, consider I dun care about them much anymore, still wanna check out.

So, as many sugestions as possible. pls.

What is coral diving? Guys at work go scuba diving all the time (both are dive masters).

Anyhow if you're interested in Fish/Sea life I've heard the Longbeach Aquarium is pretty cool.

I skateboard and used to surf when I lived in HI. The water isn't too cold in San Diego to snorkel, just bring at least a spring suit and you will be fine. The La Jolla cove is absolutely beautiful. I have been spearfishing about 70miles off the coast on the San Clemente island chain.

This is the most imporatant question: How old are you?

Almost every club in San Diego is 21+. I am 20 =(. The Scripps Aquarium at the Institute of Oceanography, would probably interest you greatly. It is a little bit small, but enjoyable nevertheless.

If you go to San Diego, you MUST go to the Zoo. It is World Famous. One full day there would probably be sufficient.

You won't be doing any diving in Frisco, Russ is absolutely right there. Unless you like 50degree water and massive sharks eyeballing you.

Feel free to bombard me with questions. I live on a small Island in the San Diego bay called Coronado. CitrousRapture@hotmail.com

Hey, small world.

I moved from Hawaii to San Diego a years ago.

And yes, the Zoo or the Wild Animal park in Escondido are good places to check out.

I recommend sex. It is proven to increase health and help you loose weight. Quite a healthy and entertaining excersise!

Sage said:
I recommend sex. It is proven to increase health and help you loose weight. Quite a healthy and entertaining excersise!

Are you offering or something? Wait, don't answer that.

Yo! I am pretty slim thank you very much so dun recommend too much sex for me! Besides, already have bf, so cheating away from home is a no no. :D

Citrous: Thnx for the information, I'm intersted in marine biology, I'll be sure to put these on my list if I go to San Diego. Looks like I'll stuck in SF most of the trip tho!

It's my first time tot he US heh, will be cool and check out the legendary names and skate parks for a bit if work permits.

I'll add ur MSN, thnx for the info :)

Visit Monterey Bay and 17mi drive if you are interested in marine biology. It's a day's drive from SF (you can make it and back in about 8 hours), or try Half Moon Bay.

How long you staying?

Katsura said:
Well, looks like I'm visiting the sunny soCal in November. Will be staying in San Fransisco and may go to San Diego.

So, residents, any cool/ must visit place to check out?

My interests are:
Corals + Fish
Sea
Skateboarding (will be check out all the parks woohoo)
(hot) Skaters LOL!
Surf(ers)
Natrual History (should go to the Bad lands instead )
Culture stuff
Eating
Pron(heh)
Gadgets
Games, consider I dun care about them much anymore, still wanna check out.

So, as many sugestions as possible. pls.

Bah. Wrong damn coast. :LOL:

The San Diego Zoo is neat.

Sea World I enjoyed a lot because they let you feed dolphins. It cost a few dollars and they give you some fish, then you go to the dege of the water and they poke their heads out of the water and eat the fish right out of your hand.

The Monterey Bay Acquariam is great also. Near Monterey Bay is Santa Cruz and Carmel. Carmel is where Clint Eastwood was once Mayor and he owns a resteraunt called the Hogs Breath Inn.

I used to live in the Bay Area so I can give you some first hand advice.

If you like Science Fiction and Fantasy books, go check out Dark Carnival in Berkeley. I think its Sundays on Telegraph Street all kinds of vendors come out and set up little booths and stuff.

Near San Jose I went up to Lick Observatory. The view was spectacular, although the steep drive up is quite insane.

There is Japan Town in San Francisco. It's small, but you may want to check it out.

What Kind of games? Arcade or pen and paper role playing?

In San Jose they have a great hobby shop called D and J hobby thats got model airplanes, trains, games, and other stuff. One of the best hobby shops I ever went to.

Keep in mind I haven't been back to the Bay Area in over 5 years, so my info my be a litte outdated.

For electronic stuff, I used to love going to Fry's Electronis in Milpitias.

Actually, try the Frys in Sunnyvale, it's only about 5 miles away, but is much larger. Also the Sony Metreon in SF is good for geeking out.

I would recommend staying in Carmel overnight and using that as a base of operations to visit 17mi drive, Spanish Bay, Monterey Bay, Big Sur, etc. Just driving up Route-1 coastal highway can be very beautiful.

If you like nature, go north over the Golden Gate bridge and try Muir Woods and Point Reyes. Don't forget to stop at charming Sausalito.

You can do touristy things in SF too. Drive down Lombard street (most steep street in the US), take a trolley, visit Fisherman's Wharf, Alcatraz, Haight-Asbury, MOMA. Japantown has a mall which is pretty nice and good for shopping for Japanese stuff. They frequently have street festivals. Golden Gate Park, hiking and biking near the bridge.

NASA has a space camp in Mountain View that you can visit.

Ski season is opening in November, so you can rent an SUV and drive 3-4hrs on I-80 to Tahoe area for skiing.

If you go to Carmel/Monterey, you can also visit the "Mystery Spot" in Santa Cruz, and near San Jose, you can visit the Winchester Mystery House.

If you're into Wine, drive north of SF for an hour or so to get to Napa and Sonoma. There are hundreds of Vineyards and wine tasting festivals are going on all the time. You can also drive to Calistoga, visit an "old faithful" Geysey (small one) that erupts on schedule, and visit the Petrified forest, which are a forest of trees that were turned to stone by volcano ash sucked into their roots.

If you go to Napa, I recommend Sterling Vineyards. You take a cable car into the mountain where the Villa and vineyards exist. Very romantic if you have someone with you.

i still recommend sex over all of the other things mentioned... it's at least just as fun, and healthier too! (well, unless it's with the wrong person... ick...)

Back