Bush plays cricket

Tahir2

Veteran
Supporter
OK get the hint.. this is posted here so we can discuss Bush's over-arm bowling skills and the Pakistani's being the best cricket players on the planet... no politics (oh damn)...

_41403584_bushball_ap416.jpg

The most powerful neanderthal admixture on the planet doing am impression of a monkey for the kids...

Edit: linkage http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/in_pictures/4775096.stm

Last edited by a moderator:
hahahah that is a funny picture. Saw his bowling style and thought he was going to snap something. At least though he has the excuse of never playing cricket before(I think?) Little Johnny went over there and disgraced an entire nation with his Bowling action. Bounced the ball twice in a row about a body length( that's 4ft9 for him ;) ) in front of his feet whilst all the onlookers laughed thier collective arses off.

These PR stunts are so stupid. Especially a cricket PR stunt, knowing that's the stupidest sport on the planet... Well, except for boule, perhaps. :)

Guden Oden said:
Especially a cricket PR stunt, knowing that's the stupidest sport on the planet... Well, except for boule, perhaps. :)

Cricket is not a sport, it's a thinly-veiled excuse to sit in the sunshine and drink gin & tonic for five days on the trot. ;)

Guden Oden said:
Especially a cricket PR stunt, knowing that's the stupidest sport on the planet...
Nevertheless the most popular in the world. I know there is a lesson about the effectiveness of democracy in that fact somehow, just can't figure out what.

No offence Blitzkreig but the term P**i is a racial slur like the famous "n" word so if you want to desist using it in the future I would be much obliged. I suggest editing your post too.

Cheers.

Edit: sorted, thanks.

Diplo said:
The scary thing is, he really does look like a monkey in every single one :oops:

Still, Clinton managed to get a blow-job where as Bush only got his nuts licked by an ugly cow...
0,,2006100770,00.jpg

Holy cow!

(See what I did there?)

Nevertheless the most popular in the world. I know there is a lesson about the effectiveness of democracy in that fact somehow, just can't figure out what.
Problem with Cricket in countries such as the US is that it's inherently ill-suited to something far more powerful and pervasive than all the world leaders put together -- television. When a test match can have a single batsman up for days at a time rolling out century after century, that can be troubling. It's also why the vast majority of sporting events in the US are played at night.

Even 1-day matches are a problem for Americans as the number of Americans who can count to 50 overs (let alone hundreds of runs), is actually a minority. That's why Americans bastardized cricket into baseball and dumbed down the rules so that thought could be removed from the game.

The 20-20 format might be more suitable for the attention-span-challenged mainstream TV channels. A game doesn't last much longer than a typical game of baseball or American "football" as far as I know.

It's certainly been a big hit with spectators over here, it's a great format for getting people interested in the game I think.

Wasn't that the match which only ended because the England cricket team had to catch the boat home?

I'm not convinced by the 20-20 format. Sure, it is more exciting than some of the other forms but does it last long enough for the spectators to get totally bladdered? ;)

I'll be taking in a couple of days of cricket at Trent Bridge this summer so I'd better start saving my beer money now!

Mariner said:
I'm not convinced by the 20-20 format. Sure, it is more exciting than some of the other forms but does it last long enough for the spectators to get totally bladdered? ;)

Three hours, that's enough if you set your mind to it! ;) Seriously though, I think it works because it's something that can be fitted in after work hours. A few hours sat in the summer sunshine after work, can't be bad!

Wasn't cricket very popular in US (pre-WW2 days), somehow it just dissappeared. Anyone knows how?

You'd have thought the game was ideal for the US - each match lasts for days and you can have an advertising break between every over!

Well, he is a baseball guy (tho possibly not as good a player as his father, who was Yale's varsity first baseman way back when), so cricket isn't entirely an alien idea to him.

Back