Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night. (from the creator of Castlevania Symphony of the Night)

I loves the castlevania games on GBA and DS so this one is on my radar.
it's on gamepass pc. You can sign in for 1€ and leave at no cost once you beat the game.

The game got me hooked, I discovered 50% of the map, but I am stuck in regards to where to go now. Using kicks instead of weapons is my favourite play style atm. There are some moves a la Castlevania SOTN like, down-down right-right.

I wonder if there is an inverted map which was genius. I remember discovering 200.6% of the map on the X360 version of Castlevania SOTN.

Next in the list is Hollow Knight -similar to Ori and Bloodstained-.

Last edited:
The inverted map moment was a holy-shit moment indeed, especially if you played the game in Japanese and didn't know about it until half a year later like I did. No internet and all that.
That said, thanks to the layout it wasn't particularly fun to play save for some really cool bosses if I'm being honest.
You're in for a real treat with Hollow Knight. Way tougher, though. Even compared to Ori, which wasn't by any means an easy game either.

Last edited:
The inverted map moment was a holy-shit moment indeed, especially if you played the game in Japanese and didn't know about it until half a year later like I did. No internet and all that.
That said, thanks to the layout it wasn't particularly fun to play save for some really cool bosses if I'm being honest.
You're in for a real treat with Hollow Knight. Way tougher, though. Even compared to Ori, which wasn't by any means an easy game either.
more than a great layout, it was a genius decision. Specially if you followed a Gamefaqs guide you could see how it all was connected and made sense in the end.

As for Bloodstained Ritual of the Night. I completed the game yesterday. finished it yesterday, and I think there is something fishy going on. The ending was "strange" and I only discovered 60% of the map. I missed a lot of things, because knowing the creator of the game... The thing is, I don't have certain keys and stuff but I don't know where to find them and I don't know where to go now, but I expect another surprise from the creator similar to his 200.6% map, I'm quite sad because the game has been fun me and I didn't want -nor I expected it- for it to end , because I got to the final boss without even imagining it was actually the last boss and the last battle -you expect a plot twist or some transformation, etc-.

Bummer that the Castlevania Collection only features the older games. Heck, it doesn't even feature all of them: No Rondo of Blood or its SNES counterpart. I'd love a collection of the GBA and DS games mayself. Order of Ecclesia (the last DS Castlevania) is still my favorite "Metroidvania" of them all because it combined the strength of both the old (multiple smaller scale maps as well as one. Stiff challenge with fantastic boss battles. Dracula in particular has to be one of my favorite bosses of all video games) and the new games (multitude of weapons, complex castle layout) while cutting away some of the fat of SotN (ginormous amounts of pointless items) It also has the best sprite work of them all.

more than a great layout, it was a genius decision. Specially if you followed a Gamefaqs guide you could see how it all was connected and made sense in the end.

As for Bloodstained Ritual of the Night. I completed the game yesterday. finished it yesterday, and I think there is something fishy going on. The ending was "strange" and I only discovered 60% of the map. I missed a lot of things, because knowing the creator of the game... The thing is, I don't have certain keys and stuff but I don't know where to find them and I don't know where to go now, but I expect another surprise from the creator similar to his 200.6% map, I'm quite sad because the game has been fun me and I didn't want -nor I expected it- for it to end , because I got to the final boss without even imagining it was actually the last boss and the last battle -you expect a plot twist or some transformation, etc-.

You probably didn't get the True ending then. There's something really important you have to do...or not do...in order to get the true ending. Most people don't think of it.

If you didn't get the True ending, there's still a LOT of game left to play.

Regards,
SB

You probably didn't get the True ending then. There's something really important you have to do...or not do...in order to get the true ending. Most people don't think of it.

If you didn't get the True ending, there's still a LOT of game left to play.

Regards,
SB
thanks! I dont want to spoil the game, but I am curious..., is there something similar to a 200% map -not necessarily an inverted castle, but extra rooms and so on-.
greetings!

p.s. I will probably restart the game following this Gamefaqs (always liked this page) guide https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/pc/158361-bloodstained-ritual-of-the-night/faqs/77586/galleon-minerva

2 million copies sold worldwide. Well deserved. One is mine.

F5XRXWrWcAAP24S

Never got round to finish or even get too far on this, may have been metroidvania fatigue on my side.
given the fact that you seem to have played many games of the genre, it's quite understandable. Tbh, I barely played metroidvania games. I remember when I played a remastered version of Castlevania Symphony of the Night for XBLA, that I got totally hooked and managed to complete the game with the 200.6% of the map completed, which is the max in that game, following a guide.

Then I got this game 'cos it was from the same creator, and these two are my experiencie with the genre --if you don't count the original Ori. I didn't follow a guide and as @Silent_Buddha mentioned, I "completed" it but I missed an important detail.

I think it has to do with Gebel and the colour of the moon? That's what I've read ever since. I just started a new game a few months ago, in order to get the good ending, but I am taking my time.

Back