Blacklight: Retribution. Free to Play FPS !

Blacklight : Retribution ,a free to play FPS, from the devs "Perfect World" is out now. Based on UE3 and PC only.
I think its a first of its kind experiment, which will soon be followed by Firefall and Planetside 2, though each has its unique microtransaction model.

Here's the launch trailer :

I am downloading it right now, a 3.5gb download. I think it needs to be checked out just to see whats this new AAA games for free structure all about !

Offical Website: http://blacklight.perfectworld.com/

Tried it out. I don't like the visual aesthetic at all. The two maps I played were all black ! I mean black walls, black floor and on top of that all characters wear black !!! WTF ! I can't see anyone if they stop displaying name tags on their heads. Movement seems to be stiff too. I had a bit of fun, but nothing compelling !

Well I was waiting to get into a rush match on Damavand Peak in BF3 wihtout luck, so I fired this up and I must say after getting the hang of it a bit more, this game sure is enjoyable :D ! I still loathe the colour palette, but the games are fun ! The key is to get a hang of tactically using the HRV. Since everyone has it, its a matter which team uses it better.

Had a great game where I really enjoyed capturing one point after the other ! Will give it more time in the future. :)
Now I am off to download Tribes Ascend to see what that ones about !

Last edited by a moderator:
Back