BitComet is slow?

My BitComet speed is very slow, both download og upload speed. Can anyone tell me why? I have Windows Xp pro installed and Norton Internet Security. I have read something about UPnP Auto Port Mapping at BitComet homepage. Can it be that my modem doesn't support this feature?

I hope one of you guys can help me out, i would really appresiate it if you can :smile:

Have a nice day into then ;)

CarlsbergBeer - The best beer in the world :cool:

1. Make sure you map your transfer port correctly through your firewall.

2. Don't allow your upload to be maxed out. This will prevent ACK(nowledgement) packets from being sent out fast enough, and the download stream will slow as the other end backs off to wait for them.

Anything else is probably down to your ISP shaping packets, slow peers, a restrictive tracker, etc. You'll probably get more info on a Bitcomet forum.

I agree with BZB, especially on the second point: I have cable, and if I don't restrict my upload, both the upload and the download will drop to only a little.

And do make sure you tell your router to forward the ports to the computer used. Go to the configuration webpage of the router, find the routing page and tell it your download computer is the server for those ports.

Also, make sure that the Windows XP firewall is turned off ... which it should be since you have norton.

And check the settings and change the default port as many ISPs have restricted flow on them ... don't use ports in the 6881-6999 range. use a port in the 5**** instead.

Good guide here for Azureus ... but im sure it all applies to any bitTorrent client

http://azureus.aelitis.com/wiki/index.php/Main_Page

Back