Best download manager?

Which one?

• Total voters
Skrying said:
I use Download Manager Tweak for Firefox, very great, resumes awesome, everything. I'm really loving it, and it works perfectly.

As for audio, Winamp all the way. I've tried Foobar, but I just cant live with it. I simply like the GUI for Winamp, its cluttered sure, but just having it for the media library in the audio section is great. Plus it handles my 20,000 MP3 collection well, which most programs choke on.

As for as general media, I use Media Player Classic. GREAT GREAT GREAT tool, I love it, and it runs every video codec I need, never had an issue with it.
You do realize there an album list pluggin for foobar that shows your album list left of the playlist?
It's quite handy.
replaygain and built in gapless mp3 >*
And I use zoomplayer for videos.
MPC is alright, but I think zoom has a way better GUI.
And I don't use a download manager.
Here's what foobar looks like with columui setup.
warning: 1200x8XX pic.. http://i7.tinypic.com/21jrvwx.gif
I really like it because of replaygain and it's very response, last time I tried winamp it still was quite laggy.

radeonic2 said:
You do realize there an album list pluggin for foobar that shows your album list left of the playlist?
It's quite handy.
replaygain and built in gapless mp3 >*
And I use zoomplayer for videos.
MPC is alright, but I think zoom has a way better GUI.
And I don't use a download manager.
Here's what foobar looks like with columui setup.
warning: 1200x8XX pic.. http://i7.tinypic.com/21jrvwx.gif
I really like it because of replaygain and it's very response, last time I tried winamp it still was quite laggy.

That post was really old, lol.

Anyway, I actually got really into Foobar and learned how to use ColumnsUI, etc. I had a really nice setup, but since then I've formatted and I cant find my fcs file on my media HD, so I havent spent the time getting it setup like I had again.

So right now I've been using Winamp untill I get the time to recreate my fcs or find someone who has theirs posted somewhere that I can tweak a little to my own.

Foobar is a great player, probably the best for audio out there, but its just got a very steep learning curve. ColumnsUI should be included by default and a simpl layout.

Skrying said:
That post was really old, lol.

Anyway, I actually got really into Foobar and learned how to use ColumnsUI, etc. I had a really nice setup, but since then I've formatted and I cant find my fcs file on my media HD, so I havent spent the time getting it setup like I had again.

So right now I've been using Winamp untill I get the time to recreate my fcs or find someone who has theirs posted somewhere that I can tweak a little to my own.

Foobar is a great player, probably the best for audio out there, but its just got a very steep learning curve. ColumnsUI should be included by default and a simpl layout.
It's kinda like firefox in that respect (like opera has built in features that firefox needs extensions for).

Is it wrong that I love Firefox and Foobar above all else, but use them almost vanilla... I have to have columns of course, God only knows why they don't ship with that included now.

Quitch said:
Is it wrong that I love Firefox and Foobar above all else, but use them almost vanilla... I have to have columns of course, God only knows why they don't ship with that included now.

Hmm, not sure I could use Firefox just vanilla now. I dont have tons of extensions but I do have some that is much needed. I'm an Opera person though, simply because the included programs rock. But, and listen to me Opera!!! Widgets are in NO way a substitute for extensions. In fact, Widgets simply suck. That's all I have to say about that!

As for Foobar, I really think that designing a nice looking theme is requiered and adds a lot to the functionality to Foobar. I dont think I could handle just a plain looking Foobar. And yes, Columns UI should be included by default now, no reason for it not to, Foobar is useless without, IMO.

The only thing I want from my music player is a clean interface, playlists, and easy to read song listings.

Foobar with columns gives me that. Anything more... well, I just can't see what else I'd want, since it'd never be in the foreground unless I want to change track.

Likewise, tried various Firefox extensions but never found reason to keep them, bar DownloadThemAll.

That's my current effort at a theme for Foobar. Its simple, but it gets the job done.

Now, I'm going to go headbang to some more Bloodbath! :devilish:

Back