Best download manager?

Which one?

• Total voters

Deepak

B3D Yoddha
Veteran
Download Accelerator/Flashget/Getright? Anything else?

And which one do you think is the best (software) mp3 player, WinAmp?

[x] Other: Opera's built in download manager.
I used GetRight some years ago and sometimes use the Firefox thingy when I'm at my parents' place.

For download managers I use either LeechGet (free for non-commercial personal use):

http://www.leechget.net/en/

or TrueDownloader (free) which I've been using lately:

http://francis.dupont.free.fr/truedownloader/

As for audio I'm waiting for the final version of foobar2k 0.9 (free) as that's my favourite audio player:

http://foobar2000.org/

Until v0.9 is released I'm using Media Player Classic (which is my favourite Video media player, also free) as audio player as well:

http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=82303&package_id=84358

EDIT: zeckensack reminded me that I also use mostly Opera's built-in manager since it supports resuming, etc. I only use a dedicated download manager for really big files where it might make a difference (like demos, etc.)

Flashget is the bomb. I've never had any issues with it, and love the right-click -> download all. Wallpaper sites, I own you :]

Haven't tried getright since I was on 28.8 back in 1999. I'm sure it's improved but I'm 100% satisfied with Flashget.

I use Download Manager Tweak for Firefox, very great, resumes awesome, everything. I'm really loving it, and it works perfectly.

As for audio, Winamp all the way. I've tried Foobar, but I just cant live with it. I simply like the GUI for Winamp, its cluttered sure, but just having it for the media library in the audio section is great. Plus it handles my 20,000 MP3 collection well, which most programs choke on.

As for as general media, I use Media Player Classic. GREAT GREAT GREAT tool, I love it, and it runs every video codec I need, never had an issue with it.

I always used GetRight before, but now I don't dl that much so I just use Firefox/Opera built in thingy.

GetRight is superb, though these days with an always-on connection I almost never use it, unless I need to queue a load of files from one site.

Flashget is pretty good. I love the hack thats around that allows you to have 30 simultaneous connections.

Personally I use itunes because of it's library organization features (I really like the consolidate music feature and keep music organized feature) as well as the ability to stream media to other computer in the house. I know other players have similar features, but Itunes always seems to work the best, more consistently. It is sluggish at times though.

I also use download manager tweak for firefox as my download manager. It does what I want it to do so it's good enough.

I've used all 3, and in the end I stuck with Flashget. Although, since then I've resorted to Firefox's download window and BitTorrent.

As for audio, Winamp. Winamp Winamp Winamp. For 6 years, my audio player of choice.

Blade said:
I've used all 3, and in the end I stuck with Flashget. Although, since then I've resorted to Firefox's download window and BitTorrent.

As for audio, Winamp. Winamp Winamp Winamp. For 6 years, my audio player of choice.

FF download manager extansion isnt that bad at all.... and torrents rule all other downloading means, i simply love torrents... ;)

- Tried DAP and it seems to become more and more fanciful with each iteration (which I didn't need).
- Tried GetRight. Pretty good downloader. Can't exactly recall why I changed it. Had to be some limitation with the trial version at that time I suppose...
- Now using Flashget. Suits all my needs. Saves (most) streaming files, batch downloads, etc.

For audio I'd reccomend foobar2000. Configurable to your hearts delight, just fire up the default client and compare it to the screenshots thread on their forum. Ouch.

getright 5.2, I'm used to it, is simple and doesn't get in my way, I like how I right click on the tray icon then select the URL which is already in the clipboard buffer, and the "get file size and date" button. I don't bother using a firefox extension or integrating with the browser, I'm fine with stuff completely separate.

pascal said:
I installed the Free Download Manager.
It is working very well and is free :)
Same here. Haven't tried any others so can't say it's "the best".

about getright, I went into the options and checked a few boxes so that there are less entries in the right-click on systray menu. (less clutter)

Back