Azureus and NOD32

Guden Oden

Legend
Latest patch mentions 100% CPU useage when these two are used in conjunction and man, they weren't kidding! It's not just 100% useage, the JVM makes the entire machine sluggish, as if it suddenly starts running at above-normal priority! WTF?!

How could they release a patch with this kind of a flaw in it? That's really quite inexcusable. It doesn't even help to terminate NOD and all its processes; Azureus hangs anyway. Very bizarre...

I'd rather put the blame on NOD32 rather than Azureus (just like how the latest versions of Kerio Personal Firewall cause UT2004 to crash your entire machine when you try to play online).

The Baron said:
I'd rather put the blame on NOD32 rather than Azureus
Except everything worked just peachy before azureus was updated. Now with the new patch it hangs within minutes.

What is NOD32 and I hate the latest version of Azureus, I had to go back to the 2.2.0.2 as I find the 2.3 to just be garbage! :?

I don't know why as a lot of people I know seem to like 2.3, but it gives me nothing but troubles and grief. :(

digitalwanderer said:
What is NOD32 and I hate the latest version of Azureus, I had to go back to the 2.2.0.2 as I find the 2.3 to just be garbage! :?

I don't know why as a lot of people I know seem to like 2.3, but it gives me nothing but troubles and grief. :(

Az 2.3 is good so long as you have Java 1.5 installed. It was absolute trash with Java 1.4.

silence said:
NOD32 is one of best AV out there...i use it....really really good.

I myself use Free AVG, it's freeware, update itself, I don't have to worry about cracks and CD keys :), and I just think it's good enough. (and much better that the awful norton bloatware)

It's just here in case BTW, I never got a virus from the internet, only one from a friend's HDD.

Guden Oden said:
The Baron said:
I'd rather put the blame on NOD32 rather than Azureus
Except everything worked just peachy before azureus was updated. Now with the new patch it hangs within minutes.

Exactly the same problem, so i uninstalled Azereus and installed BitComet.

RainZ

I really disliked bitcomet when I used it for a short while. It wouldn't remember window size and position between restarts, it had a big ugly "gimme MONEY!!!" button smack in the center of the interface, etc. It was just a pain to use and then I heard it cheated too by reporting fake upstream bandwidth useage...

This "error" might have been corrected now, but no way I'm using a program like that ever again.

Guden Oden said:
I really disliked bitcomet when I used it for a short while. It wouldn't remember window size and position between restarts, it had a big ugly "gimme MONEY!!!" button smack in the center of the interface, etc. It was just a pain to use and then I heard it cheated too by reporting fake upstream bandwidth useage...

This "error" might have been corrected now, but no way I'm using a program like that ever again.

all you mentioned is gone....
no "gimme MONEY" window....
it rememberes everything....
it doesnt cheat anymore...

i use it...

Back